NEW 07 CORVETTE

Guest a1wintinter

Guest solarspot
some guy told me he could do the new vette without heat, just stick it on there and use a wide house squeegee,......... squeegee it out in one swipe, kinda like the old camaros, he claimed it wouldn't pop back up.

I haven't tried this yet, though.......

P.S. Yo Seth,..." walk on home, boy".......(Pantera reference)

I would LOVE to see someone try that :dunno

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solargard Quantum or Huper Optik Ceramic 30 in 2 pcs. 1 hour on rear and sides. I just bite the bullet, pull a seam in center defrost line and tint over the dots too. There is something very tacky about putting vinyl on the dots on a new Corvette, looks very unprofessional. My 2 cents.

They changed the curve on the back glass in 05. They use to kick me with one heat gun, try using two guns. made it much easier for me. I just did one friday.took about 45 min. with glueing dot matrix. corvette owner took it to another shop first, they couldnt do it in 2or3 pieces he said. :lol2:lol2:lol2

you boys need to get a lil more experience we tint atleast one of these a week and if you tape the dots they are just as easy as a camero and although 3m does suck ass ive used johnson,llumar,suntek,and solargard on these with no trouble oh and I do this car in under an hour and 15 mins with 98% customer satisfaction
well ya know its sad to join a forum of "Window Tinters" and then realize there are alot of shade tree tinters and lazy tinters crying over easy $|-|17 :beer

okay....this guy was DEFINITELY a jackass to come here and talk shiat the way he did, but......... I finally did an '07 Z06 today and the back glass took me all of 12 minutes to shrink :nope it was suntek that I installed. no problems at all. :nope:dunno I tried the alcohol method first for the matrix, didn't work, tried glueing it, didn't work, finally resorted to vinyling the matrix (which is my absolute last resort) :evilgrin anyway....turned out great and the customer was thrilled.

z06.jpg

z06-1.jpg

Guest willie
okay....this guy was DEFINITELY a jackass to come here and talk shiat the way he did, but......... I finally did an '07 Z06 today and the back glass took me all of 12 minutes to shrink :dunno it was suntek that I installed. no problems at all. :evilgrin:beer I tried the alcohol method first for the matrix, didn't work, tried glueing it, didn't work, finally resorted to vinyling the matrix (which is my absolute last resort) :nope anyway....turned out great and the customer was thrilled.

z06.jpg

z06-1.jpg

looks good dude, picture would look better without that van in the background :nope

Guest FilmBlazer

That matrix is a mofo eh? Has anyone gotten the film to lay down easily on the matrix and if so what was their method? I have an 05 to do in the next couple weeks.

Archived