new employee

Guest wicked r1

Guest wicked r1

Ive been running a shop now for 3yrs, and I think it's time to add help . I have a guy with great experience. was wondering how to pay this guy. I've heard per window commission what would make sense?

Most shops 'round heh pay hourly if they have more then one person working on each car. But in bigger cities nearby it's per car or per job commission. Usually one person working on each car. Giving them 35% +/- of what you charge, or what's fair in your market. I personally have not seen a per window commission anywhere around where I've been.

Guest nautiboi73

I use a base hr + small comm. that seems

like 5.50 hr just for being there and ontime Plus 15% pre job completed. something like that so that even in the slow periods the worker is still getting something and feel compensated for his or her time. :lol6

Guest a1wintinter
I use a base hr + small comm. that seems

like 5.50 hr just for being there and ontime Plus 15% pre job completed. something like that so that even in the slow periods the worker is still getting something and feel compensated for his or her time. :nope

:lol6:nope $5.50 :lol

35% is good with a decent weekly gaurantee(350-450) if nothing shows and make him keep the place clean

good , honest, reliable cost money$$$$

Guest tintman AZ

Giving them 35% +/- of what you charge. That's what I made when I worked for someone. But I did start off at 30%. And although it was a long time ago with flat glass I believe it was by the sq.ft. But I don't remember how much.

Guest nautiboi73

damn that was an exapmle.

that was about hat I paid the last Shop Boy, didn't know how to tint but just cleaned and helped with sales. he made good money for not doing much work.

I'm not that tight damn. :lol2

Archived