Brand New To the Tint World

Guest sytran666

Guest sytran666

About a year ago, I was talking to a guy who was in the tint business for about 12 years (he has a catering business now). We were looking at a brand new civic Si hatchback with tint, He was pointing out all the flaws and was telling me all this stuff about tinting, I didnt care cause none of it made sense to me.

Then about a week ago I was shopping around for tint, and I remembered that guy , then I decided to do my own tint. Then I found this site, now im thinking of getting into the business :)

Any tips for a newbie?

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

When you are in the field or in the shop learning....have lots of patience. When your on this site...have a thick skin. :)

Welcome to the boards Sy. You will find lots of opinions and ideas on what to do first. Wait till tomorrow when everyone else checks the boards. Welcome again!

Guest tintsem

Thinking of tinting your truck and tinting someones $80,000 Mercedes are two different things. It's not just about buying a squeegee and a roll of film. Besides theres already a shop on every corner.

Guest sytran666
why do you have a name similar to Satan and 666.....are you evil?

well, my first name is Sy, last name is Tran, the 666 was purely coincidental :)

Guest SQUEEGEE

Don't know who you were talking to but I've been involved in both industries.

If this guy couldn't cut it or didn't want any part of the tint biz and went to the catering biz then it sounds like he went from the frying pan straight to the fire.

Catering/Restaurant work is much more demanding, labor intensive and time/spoilage sensitive.

I wouldn't recommend tinting your own vehicle unless you have some inkling of doing it for a living somewhere down the line.

You could always easily get into the restaurant / catering biz by flippin' hamburgers at McD's.

:)

Archived