tinted my alarm clock

Guest iceman7329

Guest iceman7329

I have one of those blue LED alarm clocks and its to bright so I tinted it. I used 4 layers of 35%. Its be fine for about 2 months and now the LEDs are burning out. The clock is only about 2 1/2 months old. Could this be related to the tint getting the clock to hot maybe??

Guest CajunTinter
I have one of those blue LED alarm clocks and its to bright so I tinted it. I used 4 layers of 35%. Its be fine for about 2 months and now the LEDs are burning out. The clock is only about 2 1/2 months old. Could this be related to the tint getting the clock to hot maybe??

:lol6 that's funny !! However, LED's don't get that hot, (especially blue) did you get the clock wet when you tinted the thing?

Guest iceman7329

:poke that's funny !! However, LED's don't get that hot, (especially blue) did you get the clock wet when you tinted the thing?

I didnt figure they would get hot at all. I never got it wet, just wiped it off first with a damp rage.

Guest CajunTinter

:poke that's funny !! However, LED's don't get that hot, (especially blue) did you get the clock wet when you tinted the thing?

I didnt figure they would get hot at all. I never got it wet, just wiped it off first with a damp rage.

If you didn't get any moisture in there, it's probably just defective...I'd remove the film and return it...... I just find it funny that someone would tint their alarm clock.... :poke:poke

Guest iceman7329

If you didn't get any moisture in there, it's probably just defective...I'd remove the film and return it...... I just find it funny that someone would tint their alarm clock.... :poke:poke

It was just to bright, I have to have it near pitch black to be able to sleep. Ive even got 3 layers of 2.5% on my bedroom windows. :wall

Guest VaTinterPMan

L.E.D's actually do get a little hot kinda like a neon light. When I was reading up on this when I first started to build pc's (computers)those lights actually do get hot. And so I found out about cold cathodes for computers same thing as a neon light but it gets really cold not hot. just trying to help.

Archived