Flea market booths

Kemble

Eventually, I'd like to get a laptop and then check out the local flea markets to see what a booth would cost for the weekend and give it a try. Anyone here do the flea market ot trade show thing with your plotter and a laptop? How does it turn out? What are your experiences? Have any tips or pointers?

Comments?

(I know 3 posts in a row but I'd rather do 3 seperate threads than ask all my questions in one thread for future search purposes.)

Guest HeatShrunkSS
Eventually, I'd like to get a laptop and then check out the local flea markets to see what a booth would cost for the weekend and give it a try. Anyone here do the flea market ot trade show thing with your plotter and a laptop? How does it turn out? What are your experiences? Have any tips or pointers?

Comments?

(I know 3 posts in a row but I'd rather do 3 seperate threads than ask all my questions in one thread for future search purposes.)

Well, honestly it would just go by your market and also it boils down to a preference. Me personally, the money isn't there. Now, if you have a seperate plotter and seperate computer that you could use for just that then it may might not be a bad idea.

If you only have one plotter that you're using and transporting it every weekend, it just doesn't seem like it'd be worth the time.

Since I'm a tinter on the side and not tinting for a living it all extra cash. The way I see it is if I could sell 20 - 30 items at $10 each or more on top of what my costs for the booth would be, I'm guessing $100 per day, then I'd be happy making $200-$300 per day on the weekends. So basincally I'd probably have to sell 30-40 items per day at $10 each. Not sure if a vinyl graphic booth would get that much business but I could be wrong, tis why I'm asking those thoughts/comments on those people who have done this, or is doing this.

P.S. you should shrink that sig, WAY too big....

Guest HeatShrunkSS
Since I'm a tinter on the side and not tinting for a living it all extra cash. The way I see it is if I could sell 20 - 30 items at $10 each or more on top of what my costs for the booth would be, I'm guessing $100 per day, then I'd be happy making $200-$300 per day on the weekends. So basincally I'd probably have to sell 30-40 items per day at $10 each. Not sure if a vinyl graphic booth would get that much business but I could be wrong, tis why I'm asking those thoughts/comments on those people who have done this, or is doing this.

P.S. you should shrink that sig, WAY too big....

No reason to be such a smart ass.

You asked for comments and you got them. I don't know what kind of shop you are, but the type of sign work and printing that we do, there is no way it would be worth my time. We turn about 30k a month on a bad month and flea markets are....well, just that......Flea Markets in my opinion. Do as you wish, I have found the best teacher is EXPERIENCE.

Also, until they regulate what size of sig is allowed you'll just have to deal with the size. :hmmm

Have a Great Monday!!

:krazy:beer

umm wtf I say? I wasnt being a smart ass nor trying to be, I didnt see any criticism in my post about your comment. I'm merely just trying to justify weather or not they are worth the time/money in doing them.

As far as the sig, nvm I forgot I was on my work 15" monitor and have scroll bars on the bottom from let to right. Still too big anyways. but hell, its just my opinion and it was my opinion in my first post.

No biggy bro.

I know what you mean about them mondays !! .. for example.. I get home (just this monday) to notice my power went off while I was at work. I turn my computer on and it wont load windows, it keep reboting.... :( Turns out my hard drive fails and my last back up was June 1,2006 !!!! 4 months of collected/swaped artwork, customer files, and emails GONE

I just got my comp up and running again. I'm pissed !!!!

Soo.... now I gotta go through PM's and try to rememebr who I swapped what with. ZZZZzzzzz.....

Archived