Opinions on "acceptable" imperfections please

Guest TintedAudi

those little qt. windows are a biatch. try getting your hand in there to clean and see how tight it is. the tint will always touch something on that window. the roll ups are a pain as well because of the way the sides of the frame roll in. it still can be done to high standards. good luck....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TintedAudi
squiggles shouldn't be in tint jobs, the sooner the better to get it redone is always best just go and take it to them and show it to them. :bat:bingo but then again what do I know

thank you for the feedback. so I think what I am gathering is small round specks of dust that cause raised areas of the film are acceptable, but squiggles are not...

The rest I would have to see. BUT "the film goes right up to the edge of the window rolled down, except for in the top left where the corner is rounded lower and doesn't get up to the window's edge. is that normal?" seems a bit picky to me.

ok, I appreciate the honest reply. I will leave that alone. it doesn't bother me too much since you can't see it unless the window is rolled down partially. just seemed strange to me that everywhere was right up to the window edge and then all of a sudden it slanted away at the corner. :dunno

those little qt. windows are a biatch. try getting your hand in there to clean and see how tight it is. the tint will always touch something on that window. the roll ups are a pain as well because of the way the sides of the frame roll in. it still can be done to high standards. good luck....

yeah I noticed that. the night before it went to the shop I cleaned the windows myself really well, and those quarter windows are very small and far back. how did your job turn out? I don't care about the dot matrix part, I know that part is gonna look weird, but even the glass area has at least 30 small bubbles on each Qtr window.

mine turn out fine. it is not the first one I have done. to tell you the truth. I spay the hell out of the quarter glass and soak the tint as well. I slide it in like a pizza. I usually stand up and look from the outside of the car to squegee out the water. this way you can see what you are doing.

audiA4.jpg

On one of my own cars, 3 cars back, I was the passenger front door and had freaking knats flying around the light on that side. I ended up with one in the tint. It was about 3 inches down and about the center of the window.

I am pretty picky about things, but I left it as I knew the bugs were thick that night. I drove that car for 2 years and never did redo it. The only time I noticed it was if I cleaned the windows/car or if I looked for it to point it out to a friend or something........

Most normal people will never keep their windows clean enough to really ever notice most of the small impurities that they complain about!

You have to love it when someone brings in some nasty POS and then picks out some little bitty crap in the tint work!

Guest TintedAudi
your kidding me, right???? acceptable imperfections???????????? ?????????? Bllshit

:dunno I can't tell if you are saying they are not acceptable or if you think I'm being too picky :dunno right now I seem to be getting mixed messages from the pros on this forum.

Did you go to one of the higher priced shops in town? or were you like all too many consumers who shop the lowest price, then complain when they get what they deserved.... mediocre or bad tint jobs because they were unwilling to fork over another $50 to get it done right? Low end shops get away with crap work because consumers are generally cheap. Everybody is entitled to an opinion....that's mine, honed from years of experience. :dunno

your kidding me, right???? acceptable imperfections???????????? ?????????? Bllshit

..I'm thinking he is saying what in am thinking....imperfections are not acceptable....you may get one and it will not result in getting a new piece...like one spec I got in an impala back glass today...it was one little speck and when I was done if you were lookng you could see it...but it did not or was not getting redone..not for that....butif you have a rash of specks or a crease...or the squiggle hair ...take it back....like one of those bitchy qtr windows...no specks is acceptable....

good luck...

Guest TintedAudi
Did you go to one of the higher priced shops in town? or were you like all too many consumers who shop the lowest price, then complain when they get what they deserved.... mediocre or bad tint jobs because they were unwilling to fork over another $50 to get it done right? Low end shops get away with crap work because consumers are generally cheap. Everybody is entitled to an opinion....that's mine. :dunno

yes I did. I mentioned in my earlier post that I believe it is one of the top 10% price-wise. I could have easily spent 1/2 what I did at a random place, but chose to go the safe route w/ a shop that is reputable but pricey.

I appreciate your opinion - maybe the better way to ask is how "imperfect" would you pros think is ok on your own cars?? in other words, what would you "let slide" vs. complain about?

thanks

Archived