Question

Guest CajunTinter

Guest CajunTinter

I am considering buying a plotter. I am hiring two new tinters, one w/ experience and one to train. Is a plotter worth the $$$ and if so, which ones should I consider buying? I think I have the volume to justify the purchase, but I'm looking for other opinions

I am considering buying a plotter. I am hiring two new tinters, one w/ experience and one to train. Is a plotter worth the $$$ and if so, which ones should I consider buying? I think I have the volume to justify the purchase, but I'm looking for other opinions

Cajun,

I dont have one but alot of these guys on here do. I dont have the volume.

Tintdesignz swears by his. Are you doing tint only or graphics also?

Guest CajunTinter

Cajun,

Just tinting, but thinking of doing some paint protection also... I would like to get into graphics eventually but I do not do them as of now.

Cajun,

Just tinting, but thinking of doing some paint protection also... I would like to get into graphics eventually but I do not do them as of now.

I don't use mine to tint, except to do graghics in the film.

Otherwise it's vinyl only.

Although if you're going to do PPF, it would be a time saver for that IMO.

I use a Graphtec, but there are many others out there. :bingo

Guest HeatShrunkSS

I have two plotters (Graphtec & Ioline) and a 54" Printer/Plotter (Roland).

None of my equipment has ever seen tint, except for the OLFA :bingo

I'm faster and more productive doing it by hand.

our downtown location uses there's for tint everyday of the week all day long. they love it. here at my location being a 2-man show I don't use it for film. I do use the hell out of it for vinyl, ppf, and tint graphics though. :bingo

Archived