Help for a Homeowner !

Guest smfguy

Guest vclimber

Dry has better optical no orange peel and everyone knows that it is bomber and will not bubble. I would think that would mean quite a bit to a consumer. :bingo

haven't had clarity or bubbling issues with the PS I install.....maybe it's the film you use. :thumb which is why I just consider adhesive an installer issue.

and I take care of customers every week with the same concerns this one has with panarama and solargard. just throwing out options dude. from what the guy said, options might be a good thing for him. sorry I haven't jumped all over the hype.

besides with the amount of heat absorbed with certain films you would think that would create a certain amount of radiated heat from the glass to the interior. but just thinking here....I don't install it so I don't know like you would.

Hype? If PS bubbles on a car then why can it not do the same on flat glass. Oh yeah, it has! :bingo

Vista Spectra Select does not absorb a lot heat, neither does SECH but both are pratically clear and reject as much heat as your films. The guy said he didn't want to notice the film but he needs the performance, what else is there besides VK, Hilite, and Prestige all PS films. :thumb

I agree with BLADE..there many other film out there that can/will give you what you need and still give you plenty of light inside your home and still give you a great view from the inside..and not look to noticable from the outside..and minimal reflectance fro the inside at night.

just and example

this is a 35% film blocking 99% UV..VLT of 35% and TSER of 53%

SUNTEK INFINITY 35%P9180317.jpg

and a total absorbtion rate of 47%..I dont like to install any film that has a higher absorbtion rate then 55% do to higher possibility of thermal failure/breakage...some ppl dont like to think that the absorbtion rate is that important for the consumer to know...but I do.

there are also great DUAL reflective film out that have a low interior reflectiveness that are light in appearance and block up to 50% of the total solar energy.(fro example..the suntek SYMPHONY DS50 with 50% TSER and an int/ext reflectiveness of 12%/16%)

What is the exterior reflection on that Infinity 35% :thumb A DR film has to reject heat somehow, there's gotta be some shine on the outside, show us a picture TG. :thumb

A lighter 60-70% film can perform the same and be less noticable. Here's a picture of Vista Spectra Select 60 next to clear glass. I took it when the sun was not on it so a consumer can see it at it's darkest. That's 58% TSER and 99.9% UV Rejection, bomber CDF adhesive. :?

100_2071.jpg100_2074.jpg

Here is an exterior shot same film:

100_1218.jpg

100_1701.jpg

Notice you can still see the lamp through the window, no mirrored look. Which would you like on your home smfguy?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if I had film that was bubbling then I wouldn't be using it. :bingo they've made major improvements in films in the past 15 years vc. :thumb even PS adhesive films have lifetime warranties with them. I thought you would know this stuff man. the only films you see bubbled on cars are films that are atleast that old. or straight dyed films.

Guest vclimber
if I had film that was bubbling then I wouldn't be using it. :bingo they've made major improvements in films in the past 15 years vc. :thumb even PS adhesive films have lifetime warranties with them. I thought you would know this stuff man. the only films you see bubbled on cars are films that are atleast that old. or straight dyed films.

I think this site has plenty of comments on that statment of Lifetime Warranties on PS products blade. It surprises me that you would join the marketing hype about the longevity of this type of adhesive. :thumb

Well if you ever stumble across a piece of dry adhesive film, take a close look at it compared to a PS film. The optics through the adhesive layer will be better. One of the reasons is because the adhesive layer is thinner. I thought you would know this blade, but maybe it is new to you. :bingo

The next reason dry is better is that PS adhesive creates a "mechanical attachment" to glass by being "sticky" whereas dry adhesive creates a "molecular bond" bond to the glass. PS adhesives are primarily based on acrylic polymer, acrilic vinyl acetate and or vinyl ether polemur systems all sensitive to cleaning agents and temperature change. A dry adhesive being much harder and thiner make it easier to squeege out more of the mounting solution thus leaving less contaminates behind to react with IR and sunlight and degrade the adhesion and product longevity. These are the reasons why dry adhesive films are so hard to remove and have never (to myknowledge) bubbled when installed properly but everyone knows that, right blade? :thumb Can it be said that PS adhesives have never failed? :thumb

Guest vclimber
okay buddy :thumb whatever you say. :bingo all I mainly install is dry...I'm just saying you make more out of it than it is. next we're gonna have customers asking for a certain type of adhesive along with a certain type of film.

Dealers asked one mfg to switch to dry and they did. Maybe customers are next. :bingo

Dealers asked one mfg to switch to dry and they did. Maybe customers are next. :thumb

it would take a tinter to know. a customer wouldn't have a clue as to the type of adhesive is on the film. anyway...I'm not here to argue adhesives with you. or anything for that matter. was just letting smfguy know that there are many options out there. besides...no matter what he learns here, he still needs to meet with salesmen from different companies. he might love a certain film and decide the guy selling it isn't worth doing business with. :bingo

Guest haroldshouseoftint

okay buddy :bingo whatever you say. :thumb all I mainly install is dry...I'm just saying you make more out of it than it is. next we're gonna have customers asking for a certain type of adhesive along with a certain type of film.

Dealers asked one mfg to switch to dry and they did. Maybe customers are next. :thumb

and that would be what VC the manuf. you work 4???? :thumb

wow where did this post go a customer had a question and we wind ip sitting here arguing amoungst ourselves WTF over

:thumb:bingo

Guest vclimber
why would a dry adhesive compared to a PS adhesive mean anything to the consumer?
it would take a tinter to know. a customer wouldn't have a clue as to the type of adhesive is on the film. anyway...I'm not here to argue adhesives with you. or anything for that matter. was just letting smfguy know that there are many options out there. besides...no matter what he learns here, he still needs to meet with salesmen from different companies. he might love a certain film and decide the guy selling it isn't worth doing business with. :thumb

Neither was I but you asked me. Just because a consumer wouldn't know what type of adhesive is on his film doesn't mean that it doesn't matter? When you buy a car does it not matter what kind of tires are on it? :thumb

smfguy asked about Vista and HO in particular, you called it hype. I work with the stuff so I figured that I could answer him and clarify any misreresentations made by a non-dealer. I think you would and have done the same yourself. Yes, he should check all of his options I think between all of our he has a pretty good list. :?

okay buddy :lol whatever you say. :lol all I mainly install is dry...I'm just saying you make more out of it than it is. next we're gonna have customers asking for a certain type of adhesive along with a certain type of film.

Dealers asked one mfg to switch to dry and they did. Maybe customers are next. :bingo

and that would be what VC the manuf. you work 4???? :lol

wow where did this post go a customer had a question and we wind ip sitting here arguing amoungst ourselves WTF over

:bingo:thumb

I don't work for a MFG. tintman. :thumb

Archived