Help for a Homeowner !

Guest smfguy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

I respectfully disagree with you two. Some films are a better value than others. OT, 2 golf clubs are prices exactly the same, you will hit the ball just as far with either one, however, one out of the two is goig to last longer and the grip is made from a better material. Will you be happy will both, yes. But is one a better value than the other? :nohit:

:dunno Not all films are the same. Different technologies, different materials, different performance levels all add up to a different value to each consumer.

ooooooo.....VC hittin't ya where it hurts OT :dunno

actually I agree with dan and ot...if you go with a reputable shop you'll do great.

although...I'm assuming the dude that came out was from a reputable shop. but if he made you think a vista film wasn't going to help you're sun damage issue then maybe the reputable shop thing isn't working. :beer but it was him that was bad at was he does...not the film itself. :lol

hope this helps :nohit:

The Vista Spetra Select 61 looked the best, but my wife thinks we may be wasting money as it may provide almost no protection to our carpeting and furniture.

why would she think that? the guy that came out obviously didn't do his job. you're blocking 40% Visible Light (25% of the damage), 58% Total Solar Energy (25% of the damage), and 99% UV rays (40% of the damage). that's huge smfguy. :dunno

:nohit: My spec sheet for Vista SpectraSelect 61 (VS61) shows 61% VLT, 50%TSER and all Vista films give 99.9% UV Rejection.

Guest vclimber
But we're talking about the difference between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.

Yeah but all films are the same he'll be happy with whatever... What if the FTI or J dealer shows up? What kind of cars are those? :nohit:

Guest Tintin' Magician

yeah but we also have to remember that this particular homeowner is doing his research on all of these products. We have the pleasure of giving this guy all of the info from almost every film line in production( No 3M info though :dunno ) and he has to make the final decision. We all see this in flatglass sales very frequently, it's a permanent fixture on his home. He is leery about putting something on there that will distort his view and we all know that is the norm.

My suggestion is to have the dealer come out and put some sample pieces up. I know he wants you to narrow it down a lil' bit, but inform him that you would pay him for the sample pieces. Then you have a much better chance of selecting the film that not only does the job, but that is asthetically pleasing as well. :nohit:

Archived