Best way to install bg?

Guest Stratusrtrida

Guest jason11286

theres another way that works pretty well by yourself. you might want to make sure you have a little more soap in your bottle than usual though. peel the liner, then soak the shiz out of the film. make sure you have the film really wet, then fold one side over adhesive to adhesive, then fold the other side over just like the first one so they are right next to each other, but not overlapping. dont push it down on the adhesive so it sticks or anything, just let it rest. then just get your hands under it like normal, get inside, unfold one side, put it in place (you might want to hold it with your head or arm if you can) then unfold the other side and stick that sucka down. reverse roll, frankenstein, and whatever you wanna call this one all work well. just use whatever you are more comfortable with :lol

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MidcoastMW

heres what ya do. (it works for me)

Go to your local grocery store and by a couple rolls of freezer paper, or wax paper. Buy some 2" masking tape(which you should already have for taping door frames). cover the back deck in the paper.....the pillars, and even run a bit across the head-liner. Sure, this takes a good 10min, but it eliminates picking up all that sh*t on the way it.

I frankie it this way and end up with a few random specs, but no boulders of contamn, or anything noticable.

I USED to reverse roll...........however I was getting too much contamination that way. Somewhere inbetween peeling the liner and putting it back..I dunno.

Hope it helps brah.

Guest Stratusrtrida

Thanks guys, Im going to keep at it. I have a 98 maxima to tint this week. A buddy is letting me use his car as practice and throwing me a few bucks for the tint....Im sure it will come out decent. I just dont wanna do it 12 times....thanks, Nick

Guest CajunTinter

I rest the top portion of the film on the bill my hat while I slide the film down the glass and get it aligned at the bottom then I :finger: just stick it. But you've got a bunch of good suggestions here, try the ones you think may work for you and Concentrate on end result, the speed will come with practice !!!

To be honest , I never could get the hang of reverse rolling , but I never had a problem with loading the back glass in with 1 peice franky style . The key is lots of practice as mentioned B4.

You REALLY have to know the "feel" of the film when loading it in for a clean install. I never had to cover up the rear deck (although sometimes I remove it) , I'm able to place the bottom of the back window about 2" above where it should be , then slide it down B4 the top of the peice has made contact :finger:

Guest Key West
when I try to lay it across my arms it goes all over the place. Ill either hit the roof liner or the back deck...I guess its just something I think im going to need to practice. It just sucks when you FINALLY shrink it right and then you have to do it all over again because you bumped into something...Sucks being a rookie! haha Thanks guys!

You just gotta practice!!! Take a shrunk window, don't peel the liner, and practice setting the back glass. Pay close attention to how much controll over the film you have. get that down first. If ya cant control the film, you're screwwed. Once you got that down, pay attention to HOW you are setting it. Watch the sides. I put the film on my peel board upside down. Ten I peel and spray it. Then put my arms uder the film, "Frankenstein" style. Practicing with the liner still will give you alot of experience at a minimal cost!!

Guest solarspot
I rest the top portion of the film on the bill my hat while I slide the film down the glass and get it aligned at the bottom then I :shoot1 just stick it. But you've got a bunch of good suggestions here, try the ones you think may work for you and Concentrate on end result, the speed will come with practice !!!

Watched Willies hat go plop right on the film getting in a car a few weeks ago :bingo:dunno

Funny thing is you couldn't even tell. If I had done that redo for sure :lol2

Try to master both reverse and frankie :lol2:finger:

Archived