98 Civic gasket felt

Guest abreathoflife

Guest abreathoflife

I am having a hell of a time with the drivers side inner gasket and its felt on my 98 civic. I have tried posting this in automotive, but it seems like there's more people in here. The felt is BADLY meltng away day after day. I have to keep putting paper in between the window and the gasket to keep the window from getting rolled up in the melted felt. :lol:lol

So if anyone could help that would be great. The guys on this forum are so damn smart and helpful. Thanks in advance :lol

Guest haroldshouseoftint
where do you live where this happens?

good question B

also, last one lasted what 7-8 years new one should last about the same depending on where you live

Guest abreathoflife

Georgia..why is this rare? I have heard of ppls felt getting melted and the window having a hard time rolling down.

yeah it lasted 7-8 years but never had problems until the damn 5% was put on now the tint has glue streaks and felt all over it

Guest tintguy7
So if I buy a new gasket w/ new felt this will fix my problem forever? no more heating up and melting?

Yep! Just changed my buddies left front door felt channel and it works like new. :lol

Georgia..why is this rare? I have heard of ppls felt getting melted and the window having a hard time rolling down.

yeah it lasted 7-8 years but never had problems until the damn 5% was put on now the tint has glue streaks and felt all over it

5% holds more heat. what part of ga?

fayetteville/peachtree city...about 20 miles south of atl

take it to a shop in that area and have them look. I think there is one called Fritz

I am about 45 mins to an hour north of you.

Archived