How much do you gross a year in sales

Guest bigboyk2000

This is what the books say for last year, my first year in business for myself. Had a rough year though, I'm thinking this year can be at least 50% more. I'm at like $70k today year to date, but I also have 2 employees instead of 5 like last year.

ewwgross.jpg

So you've made 70k this year since January (4 months) with you and two guys?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what the books say for last year, my first year in business for myself. Had a rough year though, I'm thinking this year can be at least 50% more. I'm at like $70k today year to date, but I also have 2 employees instead of 5 like last year.

ewwgross.jpg

thats impressive since you r now on your own with a new shop right?

that number looks deceiving to most cuz materials is a lot more expensive in glass than tint

but good stuff

thats impressive since you r now on your own with a new shop right?

that number looks deceiving to most cuz materials is a lot more expensive in glass than tint

but good stuff

Yeah, I'm running the show now since sept. '08. You are right though, I make a lot more money off a tint job than a glass replacement. On the plus side I can replace 2-3 windows at a time and it's a lot less labor intensive so we can just run them through real fast. I can make $100-$120 profit on a glass that takes me 5 minutes to install.

I cant get that much in labor here. u order glass in crates? I only order for the job. glass shops around here are doing it for half my labor and mobile. most of my glass jobs are our tint clients. but we got lots of those so glass is steady but still only around 5-6 a week

I cant get that much in labor here. u order glass in crates? I only order for the job. glass shops around here are doing it for half my labor and mobile. most of my glass jobs are our tint clients. but we got lots of those so glass is steady but still only around 5-6 a week

Nah, I deal with PGW, Service and Mygrant. They all have local warehouses so I can usually get the glass within an hour or so. I don't do mobile, I don't price match, I don't waive deductibles, so while there are a lot of people doing it cheaper, I am lucky that most people come here based on other factors than price. To be honest though, if you are in CA, we probably experience competition from similar types of businesses, people with a van a cell phone and cut-throat pricing. I think a lot of people realize that there is a reason some people are 50% cheaper than us and are a bit weary. They like that we have an established location, license, insurance, etc. etc. We have a lot of vandalism here too, so a lot of my replacements aren't limited to windshields. I probably replace a minimum of 5 pieces of glass a day. Like I said though, things like a vent window or most door windows, I spend more time vacuuming old glass than taking off the panel and replacing it, they can go very fast and be quick money.

yup I only use mygrant for glass and sounds like you but im the highest price for glass round here. we just try and stress the job quality and all new materials. also we pull cowls so we say that also. I know most dont. no mobile here either

u like the new pgw? my custys still think its weird

yup I only use mygrant for glass and sounds like you but im the highest price for glass round here. we just try and stress the job quality and all new materials. also we pull cowls so we say that also. I know most dont. no mobile here either

u like the new pgw? my custys still think its weird

it really doesn't bother me much, they still have the best glass and delivery of the others I use and the best prices. I still call it PPG to customers, no one seems to know or care.

Archived