07 altima

Guest ECANDSOUND

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey anyone finding that on some(not all) that the rear defrosters are thick as :bingo anyway rest of the car is easy

You betcha. I do tons of Altima's and their all that way. At least 05-06 model years. Before that they were normal. And I don't think your doing 2007 Altima's as their not out yet. That's a completely new body style and not scheduled to bow before December. Today I did an 07 Versa (easy), an 07 Sentra (easy) and an 06 Altima SE-R (back window not so easy because of those damn defroster lines)! In fact sometimes I'll get 'stars' on the lines from heat shrinking.

Mo

I started prepping these a little different because I was getting those stars on the lines as well, or the defroster lines would be rough and have burrs on the edges causing the film to look bad from the outside at the lines, like old tint overlap lines when we use to piece back windows.

Now I just scrub the window down with #000 steel wool, then clean two to three times with the blue scrub sponge. It seems to smooth out the lines where the tint will lay more flat. My dealer is happy, so it must be working. :DD

:fdup how is the right way???>>>just stay right on the def line??

I use the steel wool only on the lines

and a copper chor boy on the rest of the back glass if nasty

Guest olletsoc
You betcha. I do tons of Altima's and their all that way. At least 05-06 model years. Before that they were normal. And I don't think your doing 2007 Altima's as their not out yet. That's a completely new body style and not scheduled to bow before December. Today I did an 07 Versa (easy), an 07 Sentra (easy) and an 06 Altima SE-R (back window not so easy because of those damn defroster lines)! In fact sometimes I'll get 'stars' on the lines from heat shrinking.

Mo

mo is right 07 altimas are not out yet. they look pretty simple though. release novermer 06

07 altima

Archived