Walk Around Inspection

new car owner "hey my rear end is blown out on my brand new car, and its starting to overheat"

dealer: "have you taken it to the tint shop yet? if so, they must of done something to the rear end and made your engine overheat" :beer

:beer:beer

Guest Tintbds

Like any other business has it's ups and downs. I guess it's up to the chap running the business.

If he will be struck by the tomato over an over again. :beer

:beer To Tintdude.com aids each other from the tomato throwing customers. :beer

Guest streetsounds

I always inspect my shiat expecially for dealers cause those azzholes will blame u for everthing like if the motor blows up its my fault or it got a flat tire thats my fault too

I could see that.

Buy new tires, get the car tinted, and an oil change the next day.

A tire blows out 3 days later.

"Anyone else touched this car ?"

"I had an oil change and tint put on it Yesterday"

"Sorry Pal, our tire wasn't bad, you need to go after one of those guys that messed it up "

Guest Phat_Daddy

I agree completely. A pre- tint inspection can be a pocket book and life saver. My biggest ares to look for are the glass(Scratches and pitting), and the tops of door panels(Cosmetic damage, missing or damaged gaskets). I also look for any cutting done to quarter glass gaskets from previous tint jobs. I almost learned the hard way about a month after opening my shop. A customer came in with a new car(Dealer tags and all), being in a hurry, I did not inspect. After the job was done, the customer came back 20 minutes later claiming I scratched his drivers door glass. Argued with him for what seemed like an eternity. He claimed being new, there was no way the glass could be scratched. I tried to explain that the scratch was on the exterior of the car and I did not touch that part of the glass with anything sharp. Showed him my pouch had to metal protruding. He wouldn't hear it. I asked him if he had the paperwork from the dealership he got upon delivery. Luckily he did, and on the pre- delivery inspection sheet the scratch was listed. I explained to him that the scratch was there according to this, but the tint contrasted it and brought it out. He apologized and left. I have since done 2 more vehicles for him. Just because its new doesn't mean it is defect free.

If I broke it, I'll fix it. If I didn't, blow me you won't get a dollar. I won't go halves, I won't claim it on insurance. I don't mess around entertaining people and their BS accusations. They can go to hell and I will send them packing.

right arm :lol2 I'm with you on that. I have a 24 camera system that gives me some comfort. With a walk around if the customer see's you do it and knows you missed something............ that certain percentage (dealers mostly) will nail you.

Archived