This is bull $|-|17

Guest iceman7329

Guest iceman7329

As most of you know I just tinted my car with 32%. Tonight I get pulled over by a dick head officer for illegal tint. WTF????? He uses his meter and says its reading 21%. I told him I just put 32 on it, he sayd well its reading 21. So I get out and show him the roll if tint in the back of the car. He looked at the box and said that doesnt mean anything. Told me if I didnt get it off and he saw me with it again he would write me a ticket. This cop can kiss my ass IMO. This is total BS

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the story is as you say, verify it with another meter to make sure there was no mix up with the rolls from the factory or some freak thing like that. If your meter says otherwise..fight it in court with confidence :beer

Guest R1chardpease

Oh I Forgot a few details.

its a 97 grand prix gt and I have it tinted with 5% on driver and passanger windows

rear 3 windows where completely black vinyl

windsheild was tinted 12 inches up and 12 inches down with 5% and then 35% in between the 8 -10 in gap lol

It was tinted like with for 9 mounths b4 I ever got pulled over took 1 county sheriff in a bad mood and me saying the wrong thig

"know why I pulled you over" I said no he goes "Well can I have you step out of the car while I explain

Then car gets searched notihng found and then they impound it and it was put on a flat bed...

It was a good night and after $1800.00 I got my car back and court over with....

Most people dont realize that the windows in cars these days have a "TINT" to them already from the factory, most of the time a n@ked window will meter around 70% with no film on it at all. When you put tint like icemang did, 32% in combination with whats already in the glass you will get a darker VLT reading, it wont actually be 32% like you thought. The tint in the glass brings down the VLT reading down slightly.

Like outkast said if you have 32% film on 70% glass that equals roughly 22%, so yeah your illegal.

Here in texas we have a 25% "NET" law NOT "film". Whatever we put on the roll ups cannot be below 25% both glass and tint together. Most people think, hell you can put 25% on because they dont understand the "NET" law. but actually we have to put 35% on to keep it above the legal limits. 35% x 70% =25% roughly.

You have to understand EXACTLY what the laws mean and how to stay in accordance with them.

Guest solarspot
Most people dont realize that the windows in cars these days have a "TINT" to them already from the factory, most of the time a n@ked window will meter around 70% with no film on it at all. When you put tint like icemang did, 32% in combination with whats already in the glass you will get a darker VLT reading, it wont actually be 32% like you thought. The tint in the glass brings down the VLT reading down slightly.

Like outkast said if you have 32% film on 70% glass that equals roughly 22%, so yeah your illegal.

Here in texas we have a 25% "NET" law NOT "film". Whatever we put on the roll ups cannot be below 25% both glass and tint together. Most people think, hell you can put 25% on because they dont understand the "NET" law. but actually we have to put 35% on to keep it above the legal limits. 35% x 70% =25% roughly.

You have to understand EXACTLY what the laws mean and how to stay in accordance with them.

:beer:nope well said

Archived