The ultimate challenge

I had a car pull in (early 90's corsica :beer) The customer points to his ears and asks for a pad and pen. Here is how it went...

C - I did try window tint but didnt do it right, how much for install

me - $--- for the back window

C - Meijer is $20 one roll

Me - Our tint is commercial grade, much higher quality with a warrantee

C - If you do the back window and both side do good job will it be $---?

Me - The sides are $--- more

C - My girls car grand am 02' payed only $89.99 whole car 2 door / back window at ziebart

Me - We use better film, better install. The curve on your back window is large and the dot matrix are a challenge, we can make it look perfect here.

C- Will it smooth? nothing mistake?

Me- Yes, but a dirty car is tough to tint clean, the cleaner the car the cleaner the install.

C - All right!, I'll think about it!

Me - Thanks, have a great day! :drool

Wow, he actually got the point by the time we were done, and this was a lower income customer with a pretty beat up car. The ultimiate challenge huh? I wasnt sure where to start when he came in.

I've had a handful of these customers over the years..it 's a little frustrating sometimes taking the extra time to make the sale, but important to exercise patients and it will be usually reward you with making the sale + many more sales for the future ( not only does the good word spread..but good sign language of your business will travel as well :drool )

I've had a handful of these customers over the years..it 's a little frustrating sometimes taking the extra time to make the sale, but important to exercise patients and it will be usually reward you with making the sale + many more sales for the future ( not only does the good word spread..but good sign language of your business will travel as well :lol6 )

totally agree with TW here -as most of you can tell I have zero patience unless its my kids

but these people if you show them the respect and courtesy they deserve the rewards are great

nice job rin tin grin :lol6

dont you find yourself talking louder to deaf customers....kinda like your handicaped yourseslf....

no I was actually not saying anything at all! It was like I was mute too for that moment..

If he was blind.. oh man, good thing I take pride in my work... some of the other shops around here would really :lol6

Archived