Back From The SEMA SHOW...

Guest deeptint3

Guest Phd. Tint

1 piece... 2 piece... The Tint-off winner took home $2,500 bucks!!!

and the guy shrinking the Global film is not just starting to learn, this was at least his second year there.

I timed the guy shrinking the Johnson film on their Beetle at 18 minutes. What gives?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with the right film and some experience one piece will always be faster...the guy at the global booth was shrinking the beetle back glass in 3 minutes, the "boss" there said he is just a customer that liked the film and tint industry he just started learning.

You believe the begginer statment why? The guy was probably tintint that beetle evryday for a year, and probably a turbo. never say One will allways be faster then two. In most cases it will be, but not all!

and the guy shrinking the Global film is not just starting to learn, this was at least his second year there.

I timed the guy shrinking the Johnson film on their Beetle at 18 minutes. What gives?

You believe the begginer statment why? The guy was probably tintint that beetle evryday for a year, and probably a turbo. never say One will allways be faster then two. In most cases it will be, but not all!

C/mon John. What do you think :lol Global is going to stick an experienced installer at the booth doing a one piece back window? The guy was there last year and has also been installing the past 4-5 years. :rollin

What makes you say that a one piece is better than a two piece, and they both look the same to the customer? :drevil Do you think that a one piece takes more skill to install than a two piece? :beer

yeah but there is always the chance a two piece will shrink and you will see the seam more evidently...one piece no worries.....dont get me wrong I can do a multi piece and make them look great too....but now I have the skill to do one I try to do one....

Guest clear image

A 2 piece rear glass seamed on the defroster line is easier to install even though a wallpaper splice is needed to achieve it. But wait til lights shine through that seam at night and reflect differently across it. I 've put rear glass in, in splices, relief cuts across defrost lines, wallpaper splices, but the best all around is a one piece window. The only thing I've always wondered about is, heat is bad for film and adhesives, heat shrinking has to have a negative effect to some extent.

Guest outkast tinter

I've never been a fan of installing pre-damaged film to a vehicle expecting long term good results with it. I've never had to deal with a polyesther film shrinking and splitting seams :dunno

Tint-Off's are rigged like a mah fah....been to two and will not waste my time again, if you're not part of the "chosen ones" (the people the judges think should win), you don't have a chance in hell.

Like my wife told me," If it's a popularity contest, honey, you're never gonna win." :lol6

And as far as the hidden seams, customers around here won't play that shiot......you can see the seam at night when lights are behind you as well as when the sun hits it at certain angles.....most people don't keep thier car for more than a couple years anyway, I think, proffesionally, you should do it in one piece

Archived