OLFA BLADES

Guest Magic_touch

Guest RCOOTE
OMFG :krazy:lol2:lol2

latest email reply ~~

You are most welcome, Scott.

I will forward this email to Gila Inc...they are our master distributor :thumb:lol2

--

Gary Madlener

Director of Sales - US

KDS

uhhhh now im not quite sure about these KDS blades, I have yet to use them but come on...Gila is the master distributor :beer

I got the same email and thought the same thing.. lol...

You never know, they (the blades) could be as good as they say

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bulldog
I spoke with gary saturday requesting some samples....gila is a distributor just like 44 and the like will be soon :lol2 not sure what the big deal is as someone has to sell 'em.

Not the same gila as what is in the DIY stores guys....dont panic. :thumb

They are a sister company to the CP SEast distributor. VERY large in the tool arena. Sell to alot of other tool distribs and has rights to some designs that you probably use everyday..good stuff

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I got my samples soopa quick :lol 2 sets, not really sure the difference but they say to try them both :dunno 72 panes of glass in a sunroom today put the KDS blades to the test 72 panes X min. 4 cuts per pane plus film splicing, I was impressed. tomorrow im going to try them for what im usually doing and thats auto glass. Overall what can you really say...a blade is a blade :lol2 they held up as good as the olfas that I've always used, today I solely used the KDS and thought I noticed I could get more cuts without snappin the blade...you know when the olfas need changed if you go to pull the sliced excess film and its not cut all the way through :lol didnt happen today. in the end it'll be the price that cuts it for me...I asked for a catolag and hopefully there will be prices in there. anyone bought them and know how much a box of 50 is? all the comments were my :lol

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

Got some more samples today and a letter from the Director of American Operations KDS Corporation that states the following: (some is directly quoted but is also summed up for length)

KDs and Olfa compete around the world, about 10 years ago, we decided to manufacture our own blades so we could make specific blades for customers like window tinters. The Olfa blades you buy now arent made by olfa, Kyowa blade company makes them, the blades are basically general snap blades for whoever may need them.

A few years back window tinters in Australia told us they wanted a blade just for window tinters. We worked for many months tempering and honing the blade, after lots of samples and testing we found what they called the perfect blade. Those were the set of blades that you preffered, the others were just our regular stainless blades.

He gives the part numbers and explains they are the "special" australian version and only come in a 50 pack :dunno Which I now have a free 50 pack of the special version blades. Im stoked, its cool I picked the special blades instead of the other. In light of this news that this is a blade specially tempered and honed for window tinting im sold for life, not to mention I really dig them :beer

Archived