Shogun

Guest BlackOut

Guest monkeyboy

Did one today, I did one before but cut the film just short of the goop in the overlap. Its ok but I wanted all glass covered and clean as possible, so this is what I did to get all the glass tinted. I removed the windows/frame from the car. To do this;

Remove internal seal around the window frame - it just prizes out.

Remove trim and belt anchor point, nuts and screws - I can't remember types/size. Just then pull it off.

There are 4 clips (brass) (2 bottom - 2 top) which hold the window frame to the vehicle window opening. Pry them off with a flat head screw driver. Be careful the window doesn't fall out. The window is usually stuck pretty hard so pry on the inside between the vehicle frame and the window frame. Bit of leverage the frame comes out.

Now, apparantly the shogun is a sealed unit, however the Pajero has screws which allows the frame to come apart to then allow the glass to slide out. But as the British Non-Import version The SHOGUN it makes it pretty tricky to tint. How I did it was;

Slide the window back and pull the rubber seal out. When it meets the fixed window you have to cut the seal. Pull the vertical weather strip off (the thing gunked up and green), turn the frame upside down there is a screw which holds a block in the frame. Take that out, this allows the "fixed" window to slide. You now have 2 sliding glass.

Slide the "fixed" glass forward and slide the other one back. This allows full access to clean the gunked up part. Slide back to original position and clean other side.

I'm sure cutting and installation you can figure out. One thing I came across is that when you put the thing back together light gaps will appear because the glass moves in the frame without the rubber seal. So make sure you cut large enough to cover as much glass as possible.

I will admit it was ALOT longer this route but you get alot better finish with film covering ALL edges of the glass. If you do it this way TELL THE CUSTOMER AND PRICE IT WELL. Had it been the Pajero I'm sure it would be more worth doing.

Cheers All

got one of these to do, was it the same as this?

IMG_1420.jpg

the overlap is VERY dirty, mould/mud etc... should be 'fun' :/

Anyone have any tips for tinting sliders such as this? without removing the frame etc... obviously 'cleaning' is vital, but anything else I should look out for?

Guest shadowline

Right these are so easy on the bench. Pull the trim that surrounds the window internally it reveals 4 metal clips pop them off window out on the bench 5 mins. Unscrew the latch remove 2 screws now lay your liner on the inside cut a nice pattern. where the rear window overlaps the front one you will not finish that without the windows apart, which is a total pain so the answer is on the outside of the front window at that rear ward edge run a 3cm stip of black vinyl on the outside, you will see what I mean when the jobs in front of you easy to get them looking good without the arse of stripping them apart...........HTH

got one of these to do, was it the same as this?

IMG_1420.jpg

the overlap is VERY dirty, mould/mud etc... should be 'fun' :/

Anyone have any tips for tinting sliders such as this? without removing the frame etc... obviously 'cleaning' is vital, but anything else I should look out for?

On windows like these I like to only peel about half the liner off the film sideways.

With the window clean and wet place the film on the glass and slide it into place under the gasket.

Once in place remove the rest of the liner and squeegee out as normal.

Archived