Johnson window films review?

Guest C280

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tintbds
Man who wouldnt like to save a little? Everybody would like to get a deal or bang for the buck. I'm trying to find the best for the money. If I did go cheap I would have went for the 99$ deals. But I'm not, I want something thats worth it.

:rollin

My benz cost as much as a used civic when I bought Less than 9K. And yes its a entry/low level benz. To me these benz's are not considered expensive cars. A new C class benz cost as much as a LOADED CAMRY(30K). My benz not one of those OMG ITS A BENZ "RICH BOY" type.

And no, the quote I got was more than 99$. I brought my car to these shops. One shop I brought my car the person came down to me and said "is this the car you want to tint here? well its $350. When will you bring the car in?" I haven't even asked anything yet they just said it right away at that instance. They carried SolarGard. One place I called quoted $450 for Llumar.

My price range for getting window films is in the $200-250. I have also asked a tinter from washinton from my benz forum and he said those quotes are over priced.

And yes I know to find a reputable shop to do this type of job there isnt much that I can find in the Bay Area(SF). If you guys know any please tell me.

Any comments on the Johnsons? Would like to hear from you guys about these since the other threads are off topic.....

1. and MAIN.

Johnson Window Films have NO any relations with Johnson & Johnson. Please remember that and never forget.

Those prices you were quoted don't seem to far off for an older model Benz. Im guessing late 80's or really early 90's model for 9k

If I am correct about the year then that is why those reputable shops are asking the high price. God knows that if the window had any contamination in it you would want it perfect cause it's a Benz no matter what year it is. :tantrum

Guest Retro Tint
My benz cost as much as a used civic when I bought Less than 9K. And yes its a entry/low level benz. To me these benz's are not considered expensive cars. A new C class benz cost as much as a LOADED CAMRY(30K). My benz not one of those OMG ITS A BENZ "RICH BOY" type.

And no, the quote I got was more than 99$. I brought my car to these shops. One shop I brought my car the person came down to me and said "is this the car you want to tint here? well its $350. When will you bring the car in?" I haven't even asked anything yet they just said it right away at that instance. They carried SolarGard. One place I called quoted $450 for Llumar.

My price range for getting window films is in the $200-250. I have also asked a tinter from washinton from my benz forum and he said those quotes are over priced.

And yes I know to find a reputable shop to do this type of job there isnt much that I can find in the Bay Area(SF). If you guys know any please tell me.

Any comments on the Johnsons? Would like to hear from you guys about these since the other threads are off topic.....

Your price quotes are from dealers. What they pay for film has little impact on prices charged. Some brands cost a bit more some a bit less. Your paying for labor to install the product. Stay with top line from each manufacturer and you'll be fine. Top quality install is what you after, so look at the person your talkin to and decide who you want tinting your windows. Back on topic: Johnson's is as good as any if properly installed.

come over to IL and I will get you the tint on your car for your price range. If the car is the age of late 80's to early 90's then all I would say is to not expect a "factory tinted glass" and perfect looking tint job.

I have 2 shops that I work at in Centralia, IL and one in Mount Vernon, IL......not too far from Saint Louis....your profile says "MO"

Guest tinterjim

The price quotes your getting are right on. To answer your question, there is nothing wrong with Johnsons window films. I use their GSN series (greystone) everyday in my shop with no trouble. It's color stable and looks great installed.

Price should not be a consideration when purchasing and window film install. Ask to see their work, go to their shop, etc. This usually will tell the tale. A 200 dollar shop could out install a 450 shop, so check around. Price means jack shiz....that is of course unless its an 89 dollar install....I don't have to see their work to know what you would be getting :drevil

Archived