Am I high maintenance?

Guest AMartin56

Guest AMartin56

I recently had my Mazda 3 tinted. Solargard (sp?) 28 all the way around. There was some minor dust contamination on one of the side windows (a small silver spec right near the edge) and while that didn't bother me a section of the same stuff but in a 'splatter' pattern on the rear window prompted me to return to the tint shop and ask them to do it again.

Well I got the car back today and I'm still not happy. When in the driver seat there appears to be a small gap at the bottom of the rear window where light can shine through. It seems to be between the tint and the 'dot pattern' that's around the edge of the window. When you look at it from the outside the left hand side of the window seems to be 'cut' differently than the right side. Meaning the dark window goes all the way to the edge of the glass on the right side but the corner is cut more sharply on the left.

Hoefully this makes sense. This is my firs tint job so I'm not expert by any means.

Does this thing have to go back for a third time? Is there anything short of doing it all over again that can be done?

Guest AMartin56
Paint Pen

I assume that you mean it can be touched up without ruining the whole film? (Thanks for the serious response btw).

I don't want to make the tinter jump through flaming hoops or anything, but I find it hard to believe that they missed that the second time around. It's pretty obvious, and combined with them leaving trash in the car I'm not getting a 'I should just leave it alone vibe'

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

It's hard for any one of us to tell you if it is acceptable or not without seeing the car for ourselves. Also remember that tinting is a hand crafted art and everyone will apply it differently.

Any seasoned tinted could have you fixed up and on you way back home in under 15 mins...if your problems was a small light line around the dot matrix....This is a problem that need be addressed....and is a easy fix..realativly speaking

Archived