So i got a radio scanner

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to listen to my scanner all the time....untill about a year ago or so they "the city" got a new radio system and SCRAMBLED all the police and FIRE channels :jerkitso they public cant listen.

bunch of bullshivt right there.

I used to listen to my scanner all the time....untill about a year ago or so they "the city" got a new radio system and SCRAMBLED all the police and FIRE channels :jerkitso they public cant listen.

:lol6 Mdog..same here! I have 2 scanners I used to listen to from ages 17 till about 5 yrs ago when they scramled the signal rendering them usless :lol6

Guest CajunTinter

They don't scramble the signals, most fire and law enforcement agencies are using trunking systems, meaning that they no longer have a single frequency, but several frequencies within an alotted range while using only one repeater. There are scanners out there that will pick up these systems. :lol6

Archived