NY trouble makers

Guest jason11286
removal.....40 bucks an hour :lol6

sometimes takes 1.5 hrs ...could take 3 to 5 hrs.....depends on the film.

I dont make ANY cash on the MMM .......... :? no glue. .....maybe 1/2 hr.. :lol6

:DD

seriously wtf is with that 3M?? I peeled my own work off my buddies back glass because I was rushing to get it done and it looked like shiat 5 days later.......there was not one single speck of adhesive! shoulda waited to peel it off until I was ready to install, I wouldn't have had to clean the window! :DD

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Beeline
Why would you give anything saying you did it,.... the waiver thing again.....hey dumbass, NO RECIEPT...NO WARRANTY...DON'T KNOW YA......These guys apparently don't know that it's illegal to apply illegal tint, I just don't understand the waiver,....most people go legal when you tell them there will be no warranty...

150 to remove film......geez

:DD:lol6

EVERYBODY needs to watch this video.

You guys that think a waiver is gonna save your ass are DEAD wrong.

You guys that have blatantly ignored the laws have now gotten window tint in the SPOTLIGHT and now the state attorney general is about to GET UP IN YO AZZ..

:DD all you illegal tinters...thanks for running the window film industry straight into the ground :lol6 you better fvcking wake up, because the next law they are gonna pass will be NO window tint at all and I hope every one of you muther fvckers get fined.

especially you TINT_TERRORIST :lol6

Dont know why anynody, would tint illegaly in ny. They have such lax tint laws allready.

Funny how the people with half way decent laws, are so quick to jump on somebody else.

The law to fine the shop has been on the books, in pa for 30 yrs. Not enforced at all, and we have the strictest laws available.

if your laws where 70% net on all windows, and you did not get fined for illegal installs, would you do them? Of course you would, because you have to eat!!!!!!!!!

You people with these laws allowing you to at least do 35% on a car. Need t get off the backs of us who have 70% net laws, on an entire vehicle. OH poor you have to lose a set of front doors, because you cant touch, the two front's. DEAL WITH MY LAWS EVERY DAY!!!!!!!

I am so sick of seing you people cry and complain about tint laws, and who's fault they are. Open your eyes people, as to who is really to blame, for the tint laws. Is it my fault, the guy who has it on his car? sure it is to some small fraction! the real trouble is from the old conservative politicains, who beleive window film, is associated with crime na who believe. Only hoodlums and Dr*g dealers have tinted windows.

Instead of sitting here on td,and crying about it. Why dont you stop lying down and stand the fark up for your industry! Do something about the laws, other then just conforming to them, in a with a big hopless sigh! Stop hoping the I.W.F.A is going to change the laws by themselves. Start a push for fair tint laws in your area!

We all know there is no real reason you cant have 20% on an entire vehicle. The police can still see in, you can still see out. It ruduces dangerous glare, ruduces gas consumption, lowers theft from vehicles, protects occupants from glass during an accident. Start using these as reasons to push for fair tint laws. Not just say damn stupid arse tint laws.

Ask yourself this, what good are you doing to the industry, by just conforming to the laws. With out even standing up for your industry at all?What have you done to make a change for the better?

Also think about this next time you bash somebody. What would you do if after 15 yr's in business. The laws where changed from 35% net 70% net, all the way around. Would you just lose your business, house, car, go hungry? I am sure you would not!!!!!!!!

If your not going to do something, to make achange for the better. Then you have no right to complain, when it gets worse. This is the same scenario as a person who does note vote, complaining about how the goverment is running things!

I honestly think NY state has the law at 70% so they can make money off the tickets. All the local cops have dark windows. Most dont care about the law. They tell me as long as they can see you, theyll leave you alone... :beer

There are so many tinters in my area thatll throw dark film on anyones car. Whenever I get requests for it, I try to talk to them and explain the laws and the trouble you can get into with dark film. Most understand once I explain things to them and tell them tint can still look nice and keep the car cool even if it isnt blacked out. Then there are the idiots who want limo cause its "cool yo". These are the people I avoid. Id rather be a lil poorer then do that kind of crap. My old boss would just tell people "Anything under 70% is illegal, so you might as well go as dark as you want". Brilliant. :beer

Dont know why anynody, would tint illegaly in ny. They have such lax tint laws allready.

Funny how the people with half way decent laws, are so quick to jump on somebody else.

The law to fine the shop has been on the books, in pa for 30 yrs. Not enforced at all, and we have the strictest laws available.

if your laws where 70% net on all windows, and you did not get fined for illegal installs, would you do them? Of course you would, because you have to eat!!!!!!!!!

You people with these laws allowing you to at least do 35% on a car. Need t get off the backs of us who have 70% net laws, on an entire vehicle. OH poor you have to lose a set of front doors, because you cant touch, the two front's. DEAL WITH MY LAWS EVERY DAY!!!!!!!

I am so sick of seing you people cry and complain about tint laws, and who's fault they are. Open your eyes people, as to who is really to blame, for the tint laws. Is it my fault, the guy who has it on his car? sure it is to some small fraction! the real trouble is from the old conservative politicains, who beleive window film, is associated with crime na who believe. Only hoodlums and Dr*g dealers have tinted windows.

Instead of sitting here on td,and crying about it. Why dont you stop lying down and stand the fark up for your industry! Do something about the laws, other then just conforming to them, in a with a big hopless sigh! Stop hoping the I.W.F.A is going to change the laws by themselves. Start a push for fair tint laws in your area!

We all know there is no real reason you cant have 20% on an entire vehicle. The police can still see in, you can still see out. It ruduces dangerous glare, ruduces gas consumption, lowers theft from vehicles, protects occupants from glass during an accident. Start using these as reasons to push for fair tint laws. Not just say damn stupid arse tint laws.

Ask yourself this, what good are you doing to the industry, by just conforming to the laws. With out even standing up for your industry at all?What have you done to make a change for the better?

Also think about this next time you bash somebody. What would you do if after 15 yr's in business. The laws where changed from 35% net 70% net, all the way around. Would you just lose your business, house, car, go hungry? I am sure you would not!!!!!!!!

If your not going to do something, to make achange for the better. Then you have no right to complain, when it gets worse. This is the same scenario as a person who does note vote, complaining about how the goverment is running things!

Well said!.

When you live in a town where all the shops install illegal tint, the police condone it and get the same sh#t installed on their own cars, personel and business, what are you going to do? Are you going to be the one good samaritan that conforms to the tint law and starve, quit and do something else, or are you going to do what you love and make a living. I think everyone has their own unique problems with laws, whether its tint or taxes. I dont have a problem following the law, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be the only one. We dont need new laws, just enforce the ones we have and we wouldn't have to change the law.

By the way, why are they only pointing out the smaller shops in NY, when we watch chico install illegal tint on their customer cars, not all of the cars are from out of state. They must have a celebrity exemption up their!

Guest Tom Cat

The fact of the matter is that we live in a society where everyone loves to bitch about "stupid" laws, yet they don't do anything to change it. I do my best to stay legal :beer , but if I only used legal films, I would not make a dime here on automotive. However, I WILL NOT put limo on anyone car unless there is a particularly good reason, which I haven't heard one yet... what to do.... :beer:beer

Archived