Ask the

http://www.askthelawguy.info/ask2/2004.06.01_arch.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I have a traffic ticket question. Here's the story. I live in North Carolina and I have been pulled over 3 times by the same state trooper. The first time I was pulled by him, was for tinted windows. The second time was for a few miles over the speed limit. He just gave me a warning for speeding. That time I was riding with my windows down and he remembered me from the first time he pulled me over. The trooper had me roll my window up to see if I had the tint taken off, it wasn't off. So he gave me a ticket for that again. Then this last time, I was on a main road when he passed me and turned around. He followed me all the way to where I was going, about 3 or 4 miles then pulled me again. I had my windows down the whole time and when he came to my truck he didn't give any reason for pulling me. He asked me for my license and registration, then asked if I had my tint fixed. Well, no they weren't, so I got another ticket. The reason I am asking is for one, I have a black dodge with writing on the top of the windshield. It's not the only one in town like it or any thing. For two, the last two times he pulled me my windows were down, plus this last he gave no reason for pulling me. So would this be considered as harassment? I know I could solve my problems by taking it off, but no other trooper, city or town cops every say any thing about it.

Guest olletsoc

the lawyers reply to the post above

Sometimes the best service a lawyer can provide to a client is "stop being a damn fool." This is one of those times. Get the tint fixed and stop blaming the trooper for doing his job.

WHat do you expect the Cop to do ?

If he is running radar and the same car keeps going by well over the limit, and he stops the guy each time, how is he being a d**k ?

He instrcuted this Bozo to lose the illegal tint, and he won't, so he is going to keep getting cited for it.

Guest Tintbds
the lawyers reply to the post above

Sometimes the best service a lawyer can provide to a client is "stop being a damn fool." This is one of those times. Get the tint fixed and stop blaming the trooper for doing his job.

:lol2 Next time he will be saying the cop wants his girl. :beer

Guest Keepitreel

No dout he is effing with you but you need to get the tint fixed, no excuse for that one, And as for him singling you out that just sux but you will not win against him in court unless you show with a 10K lawyer.

No dout he is effing with you but you need to get the tint fixed, no excuse for that one, And as for him singling you out that just sux but you will not win against him in court unless you show with a 10K lawyer.

and then you will have to move :beer

and then you will have to move :bat

:beer yup they are like elephants, they never forget. trust me on this. I have a good story about getting smart with a cop in the early 80's over window tint that I will save for later but............................ I learned a lession that day that still holds true! "Never tell anyone to go to H_LL unless you can make them go. :lol2

FRS aka Mr. Rogers

Archived