Tips needed

Guest VOLTRON

dont do the squares, they do not look very good at all. I would try and do an exterior application, what do the circles look like on the top side, if it is just a small raised cap then they would be alot easier to do plus you wont have to relief cut them. Just be sure to seal the film.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No great ideas for actual installation - but we did a similar looking vertical facing panel that required cutouts for the hardware attachments on the glass.

We got a piece of plywood slightly bigger than the glass size and marked on the plywood the location of the center of each hole placement. We then pulled a piece of film and taped it with masking tape as flat as possible on the plywood. We then placed a circular cutter (Olfa has one) at the center of each hole placement and adjusted the sizing of cutter to the size of the hole we needed and then cut. Took some trial and error to get the hole placements and sizes right but if you have a large number of the same size lites to do this should make things go easier.

Just re-read the posts and saw yours saying they are different sizes. If you had a bunch of just a few different sizes it wouldn't be too bad - if there really are many different sizes then it's back to the drawing board as we say here.

Guest vclimber
Vclimber,

That's the way the competition did it ...but look at the result

Looks S**T

I think I will offer installing the film up untill those attachment systems

and leave the rest without film ????

I know, but how else are you going to do it? Pulling the units out is not an optional, do you know how much that stuff weighs? :hmmm

Vclimber .

This was the second estimate from today 5000 sqft of another roof.

Europe is cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol2 I need to move to Europe! :hmmm

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

they settled on the squares eh.... looks like you can get some klingon film premade in squares for you now instead of just cutting out the hardware and making it look good :krazy

Guest samo2000

I bet those windows are exact ( even if there are some different representative sizes ) it might be worth a trip on the roof ( use a 4'x8' to strattle the beams) get some templates and reproduce them (don't cut any gaskets) it'll make you liable for leaking. it's alway's good to do a check before with a hose or ck when it rains. develope as much data as you can from the builder as you can and whoever installed the structure. preparation -preparation-prepration.also you may be able to install a retrofit gasket to hide the light leaks.

Guest Key West
But if you leave the rest w/o film, wouldn't that look worse than the competitions. Myself, I didn't think the competitions looked that bad considering the circumstances. Are you going to cut the holes out ahead of time?

I agree with ya TMA. It looks like the competition did the only viable application. I dont see any other way to do it short of removing the glass. :twocents:ditto I definately need to move to Europe!!!!!!

Archived