Tried a new film today

Guest naughtydog

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey nauty,

All I use is Madico, I use mostly their Charcool line, alot of people don't like the green look of it, but I have only had one complaint about the greeness, I have used some onyx and it looks and holds up great out in AZ :hmmm

Same here in the great southern sun land that just eats film for joy if it's no good.

Never had one failure with it and that's saying something and I've gone through more 60" boxes of it than I'd care to remember. :hmmm

Devil

How are you doing with Global?

Sorry, I had to logoff after leaving that reply nd.

I like the global so far. I haven't had a lot of real difficult work since I made the change, 'cause winter hit fast and hard here.

I am planning on moving up a line in the global to get a little thicker film, and I haven't 100% mastered the tough shrinking yet, like I had with the provious brand I was using. That's tough to do when your only doing 2-3 cars per week. I expect that to happen next spring when business picks up.

Guest naughtydog

I did this car today in Onyx, it was nice to work with - it laid down on the matrix well and seemed to have good anti-crease ability.

I'm happy - so was the customer.

Naughty

a4_onyx_lg.jpg

I've used Madico films since I started nearly 16 years ago. I got Onyx when it came out and I love it but there are a few BUTS about it. Since it's a metallic film it's not a good choice on vehicles with antennas in the back glass, and the strange thing is that the limo, 35 and 55%'s look a bit more greenish and metallic than the 20% which is what I use most of. If you combine films on a car the 20 stands out as looking darker because of it's true black/gray color. I've switched to Charcool on the advice of my dealer as I tint way too many premium cars to have to deal with the AM antenna problems. I'm used to Madico films and their all easy to install, to me anyway.

Mo

I've used Madico films since I started nearly 16 years ago. I got Onyx when it came out and I love it but there are a few BUTS about it. Since it's a metallic film it's not a good choice on vehicles with antennas in the back glass, and the strange thing is that the limo, 35 and 55%'s look a bit more greenish and metallic than the 20% which is what I use most of. If you combine films on a car the 20 stands out as looking darker because of it's true black/gray color. I've switched to Charcool on the advice of my dealer as I tint way too many premium cars to have to deal with the AM antenna problems. I'm used to Madico films and their all easy to install, to me anyway.

Mo

what are you on crack?

I've use madico onyx on cars with gps and never had any problems on any of them, eeven though its metallic it does not look shiny at all or even green. Charcool is the film that looks "green" all over once install. perhaps you are confused? :twocents

what are you on crack?

I've use madico onyx on cars with gps and never had any problems on any of them, eeven though its metallic it does not look shiny at all or even green. Charcool is the film that looks "green" all over once install. perhaps you are confused? :lol2

No dope. It's doesn't look 'green' per say, just different-ish. I'm was doing a lot of MBZ's, Chrysler 300's etc, most in 5% limo and they ALL came back with no AM reception, so there!

Mo

Guest haroldshouseoftint
No dope. It's doesn't look 'green' per say, just different-ish. I'm was doing a lot of MBZ's, Chrysler 300's etc, most in 5% limo and they ALL came back with no AM reception, so there!

Mo

can't we all just get along, and I use nothing but madico, charcool mostly, works great for the antenna/ gps issues, but it is green looking, more than onyx, but glass has a green hue to it to begin with :lol2

Mo

can't we all just get along, and I use nothing but madico, charcool mostly, works great for the antenna/ gps issues, but it is green looking, more than onyx, but glass has a green hue to it to begin with :lol2

im not looking for a fight, besides, I dont fight with girls :lol2

but she just trhew me off about onyx looking green, its more of a grey or if not blue hue to it, :lol2

Guest haroldshouseoftint
im not looking for a fight, besides, I dont fight with girls :lol2

but she just trhew me off about onyx looking green, its more of a grey or if not blue hue to it, :lol2

:lol2:lol2:lol2

Archived