Texas Ticket for factory/dealer tint?

Guest 2muchfun

Guest 2muchfun

Great Forum!!!...spent a few hours learning and laughing, but while I now know a lot more than I did, couldn't find my specific question. You guys obviously know tinting and the law...I got a ticket today in Texas in '05 G35 Coupe for no display of "Tint Certificate"..Thanks to this forum, I now know the Texas law and know what the certificate/label is, but as far as I know I don't have aftermarket tint...unless the dealer installed new and didn't disclose at time of purchase (I've reviewed original bill of sale and no tinting listed there). While the driver/passenger window have some "color" it doesn't appear to my untrained eye that there is any paper in place.

Does anyone know if this car might come with a factory tint (and the rating).

Also is there any way for me to determine if aftermarket film has been added to these windows?

Thanks for your HELP!!

:hmmm

The factory glass will depend on what the manufacture was usuing in thoes cars at the time it was made..I cant give you a specific reading what a stock glass for the car would read...

As for a certificate indicating tint...I havent seen or herd of this until now...aparently it is a law since you got a ticket...But really, if you wanna know if it does in fact have aftermarket tint on it and you cant tell to your best ability if it does..Then you could always run by a reliable tint shop and they could tell you and possible even meter your window and give you the exact reading on it...

Guest 2muchfun

Thanks OSU..is that as in a Stillwater Poke? If so, I'm another Cowboy!! The cop said there should be a label/cert between the film and glass on driver window showing the rating. I'm in Houston and have a few shops close by so I'll see if they can take a look.

Thanx again!

Thanks OSU..is that as in a Stillwater Poke? If so, I'm another Cowboy!! The cop said there should be a label/cert between the film and glass on driver window showing the rating. I'm in Houston and have a few shops close by so I'll see if they can take a look.

Thanx again!

Go see Paladin Auto Tint -Mr P and TTC on here.

Great people and can help you out.

What is required in Texas but not often put on the window is a small sticker (must be between the film and glass) which has the words "complies with vesc-20"

not having this sticker is reason to fail the car at time of State Inspection.

If you can prove the Dealer had the film installed, it is their responsibility to have the window sripped and redone to meet the provisions of the law.

There is link to the tint laws, and the sticker is what is you will see where it shows cert. required.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Great Forum!!!...spent a few hours learning and laughing, but while I now know a lot more than I did, couldn't find my specific question. You guys obviously know tinting and the law...I got a ticket today in Texas in '05 G35 Coupe for no display of "Tint Certificate"..Thanks to this forum, I now know the Texas law and know what the certificate/label is, but as far as I know I don't have aftermarket tint...unless the dealer installed new and didn't disclose at time of purchase (I've reviewed original bill of sale and no tinting listed there). While the driver/passenger window have some "color" it doesn't appear to my untrained eye that there is any paper in place.

Does anyone know if this car might come with a factory tint (and the rating).

Also is there any way for me to determine if aftermarket film has been added to these windows?

Thanks for your HELP!!

:krazy

Infinity G35 is a car no factory tint except for the 70% normal "clear" glass in that car if windows are dark at all it is tinted, and since it is a 05 you probably didn't buy it new, so it could have come from another state and was tinted there that would be why no certificate,

:? but then again what do I know???

but like Willie said seek out Mr. P

:lol2

Thanx again!

Hell ya, went to school there for 5 years and now I am out here...Go pokes...LOL this year I got tickets on the 45, 3rd row. For the bedlam game!!!! :krazy:?:lol2

Infinity G35 is a car no factory tint except for the 70% normal "clear" glass in that car if windows are dark at all it is tinted, and since it is a 05 you probably didn't buy it new, so it could have come from another state and was tinted there that would be why no certificate,

:? but then again what do I know???

but like Willie said seek out Mr. P

:lol2

:krazy:? good luck, "never argue with a traffic cop"

Hi 2muchfun,

I am TTC and I am in Houston. Here is the easiest way to tell ig you have aftermarlet tinting... roll you window down and look at the top edge. If you can see a line at the top of the window it is aftermarket tinting. Let me see if I can find you a good picture, hold for a second!

Hi 2muchfun,

I am TTC and I am in Houston. Here is the easiest way to tell ig you have aftermarlet tinting... roll you window down and look at the top edge. If you can see a line at the top of the window it is aftermarket tinting. Let me see if I can find you a good picture, hold for a second!

I already told him who you were, I just didnt tell him all the naughty details :krazy

Archived