Texas Ticket for factory/dealer tint?

Guest 2muchfun

Guest 2muchfun

:lol6

Thanx to all for the excellent info!!! Checked the windows again and I've definitely got aftermarket film...then talked to the original owner (good friend) who says it was likely pre installed by the Dealer at the time of original purchase in North Houston in Mar '05. I bought the car from him in Feb '06 when he got a new FX.

Any suggestions as to how I go back to the Dealer, since the original Bill of Sale doesn't list any tint? Or am I probably just screwed..."Caveat Emptor"

Can I get it metered and (if it complies) have the "Complies with VESC 20" sticker applied at a tint shop (Paladin/TTC I'm in N Houston, so Humble's not too bad)? Or do I just have to strip it and start over again?

Have to be in court on 9 Dec, so I guess I have to show proof of having done something.

I've used a lot of forums and you guys (n Gals TTC!) are awesome...with nothing to gain--you jump right in and have helped me immensely!! WOW!!!

Thanx Again!!!!

:lol6

Guest 2muchfun

Ohhh and he also wrote me up for the original Dealer License Plate Fame..so other than "53 in a 45" by laser, "no window tint label" and "obstructed Tx license plate by frame", he was a "nice" guy!

Thinking the $188 ticket is going to be the easy part...GRRR! :lol6:lol6

Ohhh and he also wrote me up for the original Dealer License Plate Fame..so other than "53 in a 45" by laser, "no window tint label" and "obstructed Tx license plate by frame", he was a "nice" guy!

Thinking the $188 ticket is going to be the easy part...GRRR! :lol6:lol2

:thumb thats not cool at all!

Best way to get better consideration on the ticket and avoid MORE tickets is to have the drivers window stripped and retinted by a regular shop.

Then you can show that the car is now in compliance with the law.

Kinda like getting a ticket for expired inspection and showing you got it taken care of.

Going after the dealer after this length of time would be more trouble than it is worth.

Guest 2muchfun

Other than a little venting satisfaction, doesn't sound like I'll get much response from the Dealer, though I'm going to swing by and talk to the GM--make that future sales "threat"...think he'll shake in his boots or just point to the door...takin bets...LOL

TTC, I'll give u a call tomorrow cause I need to get this taken care of properly and you can obviously handle that!

Thanx again to all!!

Guest 2muchfun

:beer

Huge THANKS to Mr P and TTC!!!!...What great people and they obviously know what they are doing!!!

And Thanks to the Forum..feel very lucky to have stumbled on to this. I've enjoyed it so much that I'll continue to lurk a bit...I've always felt you can never know too much about tinting :poop

THANKS AGAIN!!!

GO POKES............!!!!

:hmmm:hmmm:poop:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:lol:lol:beer

Archived