DOT MATRIX

We had a thread on this not too long ago...my :spit was that it is to disperse the sun's rays off the passenger's heads in the back seat when they are at their strongest UV levels of the day.

Guest vclimber
We had a thread on this not too long ago...my :DD was that it is to disperse the sun's rays off the passenger's heads in the back seat when they are at their strongest UV levels of the day.

Sounds like a good reason to tint :twocents

Guest MidcoastMW

Tint Wiz is correct. Although it is hard to say why thgere is usually a thin band around the edge.

But Ive noticed on some windshields they are actually "in" the glass.

for looks, for solar control, to pizz us tinters off.....all reasons for the large dot area. The edge black is to shield the Urethane adhesives from the suns damaging light. Small dots on edge make for a "smooth" transition from solid to none. That is what I have heard at least.....

Guest MidcoastMW
for looks, for solar control, to pizz us tinters off.....all reasons for the large dot area. The edge black is to shield the Urethane adhesives from the suns damaging light. Small dots on edge make for a "smooth" transition from solid to none. That is what I have heard at least.....

:twocents

Guest tintguy7

the dot matrix along the edge of the glass is to hide the gaps between the metal of the car and the plastic panels. the big patches of dot matrix on the top of the rear glass is also for protection of the passengers and the angel of the glass determines the width or thickness of the matrix. then the matrix on the front windshield reerview mirror serves as a heat protection so the glue for the mirrors dont soften up and the mirrror dont fall off. hope that makes sense, that was told to me from the car glass people. :dunno

Archived