Newbie.. need help

Guest Pancho The Etcher

Guest Pancho The Etcher

I do vinyl graphics and etching on glass and got a hold of a piece of gold 30% tint material, I cut some graphics out it with my Summa D-60. I tried to apply it to my car window but it does not stick to the glass. Tint material does not have high adhesive characteristic as regular vinyl. My question is how do you guys do it? Adhesive on firsket paper does not help either.

The Etcher.

www.artglassstone.com

post-19067-1163994978.jpg

Guest Pancho The Etcher
I do vinyl graphics and etching on glass and got a hold of a piece of gold 30% tint material, I cut some graphics out it with my Summa D-60. I tried to apply it to my car window but it does not stick to the glass. Tint material does not have high adhesive characteristic as regular vinyl. My question is how do you guys do it? Adhesive on firsket paper does not help either.

The Etcher.

www.artglassstone.com

https://artglassstone.sslpowered.com/mpefil...0rock%20002.jpg

https://artglassstone.sslpowered.com/mpefil...0rock%20007.jpg

https://artglassstone.sslpowered.com/mpefil...0rock%20009.jpg

Guest Pancho The Etcher

Really, I think I did not take a good picture of it but I bought real tint window material 30 %. I know for sure it is not vinyl, I have used vinyl for 15 years and only a couple of months with tint material

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Really, I think I did not take a good picture of it but I bought real tint window material 30 %. I know for sure it is not vinyl, I have used vinyl for 15 years and only a couple of months with tint material

just out of curiosity, where did you buy it from, that may help determine how best to apply it.

:dunno

Looks like Residential film or if it is automotive, did you peel the liner, did you put the adhesive side to the glass and if it is residential film...it does'nt stick very well.

Guest Pancho The Etcher
just out of curiosity, where did you buy it from, that may help determine how best to apply it.

:lol2

I got it from a distributor in west Houston, on I-10 towards katy outside the Beltway 8 loop, I can not remember thier name, I will find out and I will let you know. I visited thier nice office. Maybe one of the Houston gang would know what company this is.

Guest Pancho The Etcher
Looks like Residential film or if it is automotive, did you peel the liner, did you put the adhesive side to the glass and if it is residential film...it does'nt stick very well.

I was told it was for automotive use. As you can see on pictures I peeled the liner out and the glued side of the graphics is faced up ready to be applied to the glass. You can touch the glued side of the graphic and frisket paper, and you can feel how the frisket paper is more agrassive. I think they sold a bad roll since they know I would not tell the difference.

Anyhow, since I already learned how to cut sharp graphics with window material, what type of film should I use? or should I look for? I live in the Houston's area.

The Etcher

www.artglassstone.com

Guest Pancho The Etcher

I know who I purchased from, I found a price list from Sunbelt Distribution, INC, 16820 Barker Spring Rd #510 Houston, TX 77084. 281-579-0200 . They had an excellent customer service.

The price list says: Smoke GP (private label automotive film)

3 year warranty film GP 100 Smoke GP 35 PS SCR 20"x100' $.41/$68

Guest haroldshouseoftint

ok first off, you say the film is up ready to be installed, did you add it to the frisket paper? if so don't do that, cut your graphic out and peel and put on glass then take a liner and lay over it and squeege it out, if it came on frisket paper, get your money back tint doesn't come on that.

there is alot of "good" manufacturers to buy film from, some of the best colored films I have seen would have to be global, solar guard, and sun guard now as far as longevity, that is a different story, when doing graphics in tint, colored films do not last long IMO, but I also live in AZ so that may have alot to do with that fact.

you could also get ahold of Leo on this board, he sells colored films out of Russia haven't used any of them but have seen plenty of pictures of them and they look good.

Best of luck to you, switching from vinal to tint not too much of a difference I do some vinal as well, hope this helps.

Archived