33 members have voted

1. 1. Are You a Member? Why or Why Not?

• Yes
    • No
    • Thinking About it

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May be I am not strong in this numbers...Sales volume is also very flexible thing.....

How to calculate in $$$ or square meters (inches) who is larger????

So, they pay K10 per year. What did they got instead?

May be I don't know something important, long time passed I were there...

May be I have to join? :dunno

Guest vclimber

The IWFA has it's negatives but there are two things that they got involved in that affect all of us in the States.

1) They do more than any single shop to get involved in shaping legislation for auto tinting in states that are changing their laws. Although far from perfect, they have been instrumental in several decisions. I think an auto shop would support it for this aspect alone because it has such a massive impact on your business. :dunno

2) The IWFA has been involved in getting NFRC recognition for window film. This is huge for the flatglass industry. It means that there will the same specification values that the glass industry has recognized and used for many years. It also means that these values are verified by a independent agency that can give qualifying products an Energy Star rating that will make them eligable for power company rebates in States that participate in the Energy Star program.

This has been a long process but it will make your flatglass business much easier. All of these crazy measurements by MFG's will be unrecognized and most likely they will fade away. Many MFG's are registering their products now, we should start seeing the results soon.

So you can say what you want about the IWFA but don't discount the 2 accomplishments they have made among other little know things. These have affected and will affect us all in one way or another and whether you are a member or not. It is easy to pick out the many things they do wrong but why not consider a few things they do that are good for us and encourage them to do more.

Or... you could always start your own version. :dunno

The IWFA is nothing but a puppet organization of the manufactures to make sure they can continue to sell film. THAT is the ONLY reason they are around. Don't be fooled into thinking they want to help you. look at their budget where the money comes from. :beer:dunno

harsh words? or the truth? it's up to you.

IMO

capt bill don't you work for a manufacture, which one? I know lots of the big boys and yes the IWFA is supported by them not even by us. I have over 5,800 shops listed in my data base and you say 500 are members.............. hmmmmm do the math. :dunno

I agree with vclimber, the IWFA has done some really good work that has positvely affected the window film industry. They had a retired Highway Patrol Colonel (Suthard I think his name was from VA.) that went to bat numerous times for the window film industry. He tried to expalin the benefits that window film offered, and tried to work with many different states to set reasonable VLT laws. As he had connections in the Highway Patrol, it was much easier for him to convince state legislation what was reasonable VLT's.

Also, the Energy Star ratings will be huge for the flat glass industry, not to mention the study that was done (some time ago by the IWFA) showing window films had no real affect on glass breakage or seal failure in IGUnits. Many of the units failed even with no film applied to them....

It's sad to me, to remember when the IWFA started, all of the installers were mad, as it appeared the manufactures were dictating the organization. Although they (the manufactures) were paying the majority of the finances, they felt they were not getting their money's worth either. The manufactures then decided to support an organization more in line with their requirements (Aimcal WFC), and let the distributors and installers of the window film industry carry on the IWFA.

United we stand, divided we fall. I'm not saying the IWFA is the best option, I'm saying it's the only option right now!! I have seen many times people complaining about tint laws that are not very reasonable, but I do not see anyone taking the bull by the horns, writing congressmen, state legislators, etc. trying to make changes other than the IWFA. They have sent many request, asking for support to change, or stop changes in state laws, with little or no response.

Like any other industry organization, the IWFA will only be as good as the industry allows. Without support from the dealers and distributors, it has no real backbone. If everyone got involved, and particapated, it could be a HUGE force that government legislators would have to listen to. :dunno

Andy

Guest Tintin' Magician

Exactly, don't complain about it unless your prepared to do something to change it. It's not possible to agree with everything a certain person or organazation does, but if you don't agree with it let your voice be heard, don't mutter it under your breath. It your not willing to fight for it, your not worthy to complain about it.

Exactly, don't complain about it unless your prepared to do something to change it. It's not possible to agree with everything a certain person or organazation does, but if you don't agree with it let your voice be heard, don't mutter it under your breath. It your not willing to fight for it, your not worthy to complain about it.

:dunno How many IWFA members install darker than legal film after swearing as a member not to? That would make a good survey if we could have enough numbers to make the results viable.

Archived