Late afternoon project/ Mini Cooper

Guest Key West

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, nice job :thumb

I have to 'viper stripe' a mini friday. 2 x 130mm width vinyl strips straight through the middle of the motor. I have yet to install many vinyls and don't know what to expect, any advise?

Guest Key West
Looks good, nice job :thumb

I have to 'viper stripe' a mini friday. 2 x 130mm width vinyl strips straight through the middle of the motor. I have yet to install many vinyls and don't know what to expect, any advise?

With little experience, I'd advise doing it wet, and take yer time. It's really not THAT hard. Post pics when you're done. :?

With little experience, I'd advise doing it wet, and take yer time. It's really not THAT hard. Post pics when you're done. :?

Thats what I wanted to hear, thanks :? watch this space for pics :thumb

Guest Key West
Thats what I wanted to hear, thanks :? watch this space for pics :thumb

I don't know what you use for mounting solution, I use just soap and water (tinting solution) and add a bit of alcohl to promote adhesion. Rapid Tack also works well. :?

I don't know what you use for mounting solution, I use just soap and water (tinting solution) and add a bit of alcohl to promote adhesion. Rapid Tack also works well. :thumb

I use baby shampoo.

about that plastic opening in the middle of the bonnet. do you vinyl up to, or over it.

Guest Key West
I use baby shampoo.

about that plastic opening in the middle of the bonnet. do you vinyl up to, or over it.

I'd wrap it at least an inch or two, so that it looks "finished" from the front.

Looks good, nice job :dunno

With little experience, I'd advise doing it wet, and take yer time. It's really not THAT hard. Post pics when you're done. :lol2

before....

DSC00898.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

Archived