Madico vs Huper Optik ceramic window tint - quality? durability? clari

Guest fafnir

Madico vs Huper Optik  

14 members have voted

1. 1. which is better, Madico or Huper Optik?

• Madico Advanced Ceramic
    • Huper Optik 20/30

hi, before I begin, I must say that I do not live in the US

I can find both madico advanced ceramic 3000 and huper optik 20

given all your experiences with either one of these, which one is better in terms of clarity, quality, durability?

price is irrelevent and I am a consumer

there are dealers for both locally, and they both look great and the specs look similar enough

and price is irrelevent

thanks for the time everyone

_

Guest haroldshouseoftint

IMO I am a Madico dealer, but also have used Huper when I was working at another shop,

Madico is alot clearer product than the huper is, as far as specs they are almost identical, Durability about the same, as far as quality they are very equal in that aspect of it,

so I suppose it all comes down to clarity and who do you like better as the salesperson for each respective product.

Hope this helps, both great films IMO

Guest vclimber

Why are you asking us about clarity? Isn't that something for you to look at and determine?

I sell Huper and Madico and personally, I think the Huper has better optics. :lol2:welcome

Unless you are going to put this on flatglass, you are better off worrying about who has the better installer, not the better film... :beer

Guest osoRice

Huper is better IMO. Huper has patens that Mac does not. Huper as two layers of ceramic, where Mac only has one. IMO, Mac is much more reflective. But both films are best of the best. hands down. U cant go wrong.

Guest vclimber

Ask yourself:

Do I wanna single ply film or multi-ply?

Do I want a more reflective or less reflective ceramic?

If you want 20% or darker vlt ceramic?

Do I need 72" material?

If you answer "yes" to any of these, then you want HO Ceramic. Huper C-20 would be cool to see. Did you know that there was a C-15 made? :rollin

I believe that the number of plies means more to the installer than the end user. Maybe the end user should worry about it but whether one is thiker than the other should not matter to them at all. Two layers of ceramic doesn't mean much when the performance numbers are fairly similar. The second ply doesn't add anything to the installation, performance or anything else for that matter. In fact, more plies means more opportunity for failure, so in this respect, the end user should consider this further but the thickness is not the issue.

As far as I have seen, the MADICO film offers far superior clarity and color consistency. Further, MADICO has always been able to offer a better/stronger adhesive...also meaning less room for failure and redos. I understand that MADICO goes to every detail to ensure that their products offer a higher quality. My rep pointed out that even the liner is top of the line so when we show samples, the product looks as good as it will after the install (I like putting my best foot forward at the sales stage). The appearance of MAC seems to be less reflective than Huper as well.

Oh, by the way, the warranty for the Huper line is a distributors warranty. Huper is a distributor only. MADICO manufactures the product and backs it with a warranty from a company that has been in business for over 100 years. Again, I like to put my best foot forward at the sales process! I can't imagine buying a Pella window with a warranty from ABC hardware. I like to know that the manufacturer is backing their product.

I have been installing MADICO for a long time now. Obviously I am pretty loyal but I like to think of it as well informed.

Later!

Guest vclimber
The second ply doesn't add anything to the installation, performance or anything else for that matter.

The second ply is what reduces the reflectivty down to a much lower percentage than MAC.

The appearance of MAC seems to be less reflective than Huper as well.

:)

Oh, by the way, the warranty for the Huper line is a distributors warranty. Huper is a distributor only.

So what's your point? :poke

They've always made good on their warranties unlike some MFG's.

I like to know that the manufacturer is backing their product.

Southwall underwrites the whole deal, so really what you have is a manfufactuer who is backing their product as well.

I have been installing MADICO for a long time now. Obviously I am pretty loyal but I like to think of it as well informed.

Madico makes great film, their adheasive is bomber and their optics are great when you get a good roll of film. My understanding is that they are in some kind of partnership on the production of the ceramic where Madico is doing the laminating. Maybe that has changed though? However, when it comes to Ceramics the fact is that single ply 20,30,40% are all much morre reflective than the dual-plys from HO. And the real Achillies Heal for MAC is that it only comes in maximum 60" rolls. Not good for the flat glass guys.

There are a bunch of us here who like to be well-informed. :)

Archived