Madico vs Huper Optik ceramic window tint - quality? durability? clari

Guest fafnir

Madico vs Huper Optik  

14 members have voted

1. 1. which is better, Madico or Huper Optik?

• Madico Advanced Ceramic
    • Huper Optik 20/30

I believe that the number of plies means more to the installer than the end user. Maybe the end user should worry about it but whether one is thiker than the other should not matter to them at all. Two layers of ceramic doesn't mean much when the performance numbers are fairly similar. The second ply doesn't add anything to the installation, performance or anything else for that matter. In fact, more plies means more opportunity for failure, so in this respect, the end user should consider this further but the thickness is not the issue.

As far as I have seen, the MADICO film offers far superior clarity and color consistency. Further, MADICO has always been able to offer a better/stronger adhesive...also meaning less room for failure and redos. I understand that MADICO goes to every detail to ensure that their products offer a higher quality. My rep pointed out that even the liner is top of the line so when we show samples, the product looks as good as it will after the install (I like putting my best foot forward at the sales stage). The appearance of MAC seems to be less reflective than Huper as well.

Oh, by the way, the warranty for the Huper line is a distributors warranty. Huper is a distributor only. MADICO manufactures the product and backs it with a warranty from a company that has been in business for over 100 years. Again, I like to put my best foot forward at the sales process! I can't imagine buying a Pella window with a warranty from ABC hardware. I like to know that the manufacturer is backing their product.

I have been installing MADICO for a long time now. Obviously I am pretty loyal but I like to think of it as well informed.

Later!

:lol2

I like the way you think... But there is one thing I don't quite agree with.

The EXTRA Layers that Huper uses do affect the Quality of the Tint in a Negative way.

1. The Thicker tint from Huper is not a good thing because it INCREASES Solar Absorption.

That means the Tint will heat up on your Windows. This Further translates to Re-Radiation of the Heat into your Room.

-Defeating the purpose of using the Tint in the first place.

2. By using Multiple Layers you require more Adhesive. This means the Clarity will be greatly reduced. x2 the Distortion than what it was previously with each additional layer, hence 2 Ply, 3 Ply, and so on. Each layer you add the Clarity will be reduced greatly and the Absorption will increase as well.

If you put the Madico Tint side by side the Huper Optik Tint you will confirm that the Madico Tint is much more Clear than the Huper Optik Tint. This is because of Huper Optik's increased Thickness of the tint.

Another factor is Huper Optik is more difficult to form and to shrink due to its increased thickness. Where as, Madico's Ceramic is thinner, and easier to shrink and form.

Huper Optik:

+Layers/Ply = +Absorption +Distortion

Madico Ceramic:

Fewer Layers/Fewer Plies = Less Absorption and Better Clarity Tint

Enjoy :eyebrows

Guest vclimber
:lol2

I like the way you think... But there is one thing I don't quite agree with.

The EXTRA Layers that Huper uses do affect the Quality of the Tint in a Negative way.

1. The Thicker tint from Huper is not a good thing because it INCREASES Solar Absorption.

That means the Tint will heat up on your Windows. This Further translates to Re-Radiation of the Heat into your Room.

-Defeating the purpose of using the Tint in the first place.

2. By using Multiple Layers you require more Adhesive. This means the Clarity will be greatly reduced. x2 the Distortion than what it was previously with each additional layer, hence 2 Ply, 3 Ply, and so on. Each layer you add the Clarity will be reduced greatly and the Absorption will increase as well.

If you put the Madico Tint side by side the Huper Optik Tint you will confirm that the Madico Tint is much more Clear than the Huper Optik Tint. This is because of Huper Optik's increased Thickness of the tint.

Another factor is Huper Optik is more difficult to form and to shrink due to its increased thickness. Where as, Madico's Ceramic is thinner, and easier to shrink and form.

Huper Optik:

+Layers/Ply = +Absorption +Distortion

Madico Ceramic:

Fewer Layers/Fewer Plies = Less Absorption and Better Clarity Tint

Enjoy :lol2

Bob :hmmm

Bob :lol2

When are you going to think before you type? You do not sell Huper so you probably never have installed Huper, you probably do not even have a piece of it...

1st- Multiple plys does not affect HO Ceramics clarity because the optiks of this film are great to begin with. There are plenty of products on the market that are multi-ply and have very good optical clarity. Why can I say this? Because I sell and install bolth the single-plly and dual-ply ceramic. Place them side by side and they optically look the same with the single-ply being the much more reflective of the two.

There you go again... HO is not difficult to shrink once you learn how too. See you are underestimating the abilities of the installers to be able to do that. Is it because you are having trouble? Maybe we could set you up in a training course or something so that you can see how easy it is after all. If for some reason you cannot figure it out, then Huper does have a single-ply ceramic for the beginnners like yourself to learn with.

Ok, Bob I saved your most beligerant comment for last. Regarding the SA and re-radiation. I want you to do a little homework. :dunno look up a term called "G value" and find out what it's relationship is to the SHGC. Make sure you notice what figure (hint-convection-hint) is included in the result. Ok, after you are done looking that up go compare the SHGC's of MAC 3000 and Huper Ceramic 30.

IF SA convecting back into the home is such a big problem for multiply ceramic, then why are the SHGC's of both MAC 3000 and HO Ceramic 30 exactly the same? :hmmm

:nono One more thing Bob... If for some reason we had too switch then we could just sell the HO single ply and still service our 72" customers to which currently, you can not. :uh

The Mac 3000 for auto is so reflective I'm sending my 60" roll back for a credit.

Devil

MAC 4000 is not as bad Dev but then again, how many people down under want 40% on their cars? :hmmm

Guest haroldshouseoftint
When are you going to think before you type? You do not sell Huper so you probably never have installed Huper, you probably do not even have a piece of it...

1st- Multiple plys does not affect HO Ceramics clarity because the optiks of this film are great to begin with. There are plenty of products on the market that are multi-ply and have very good optical clarity. Why can I say this? Because I sell and install bolth the single-plly and dual-ply ceramic. Place them side by side and they optically look the same with the single-ply being the much more reflective of the two.

There you go again... HO is not difficult to shrink once you learn how too. See you are underestimating the abilities of the installers to be able to do that. Is it because you are having trouble? Maybe we could set you up in a training course or something so that you can see how easy it is after all. If for some reason you cannot figure it out, then Huper does have a single-ply ceramic for the beginnners like yourself to learn with.

Ok, Bob I saved your most beligerant comment for last. Regarding the SA and re-radiation. I want you to do a little homework. :lol2 look up a term called "G value" and find out what it's relationship is to the SHGC. Make sure you notice what figure (hint-convection-hint) is included in the result. Ok, after you are done looking that up go compare the SHGC's of MAC 3000 and Huper Ceramic 30.

IF SA convecting back into the home is such a big problem for multiply ceramic, then why are the SHGC's of both MAC 3000 and HO Ceramic 30 exactly the same? :hmmm

:whisper One more thing Bob... If for some reason we had too switch then we could just sell the HO single ply and still service our 72" customers to which currently, you can not. :uh

MAC 4000 is not as bad Dev but then again, how many people down under want 40% on their cars? :hmmm

:thumb

That was a bit long winded there V, The only thing I would have to disagree with is on the 72" roll, just don't have customers with windows that big :lol2:lol2:lol2:lol2

Over here in the trailer park :uh windows over 48" :lol2:lol2

and on your last statement the 4000 :lol2 I have it on my van and its not as reflective as 3000, but I did post a pic of it for Dev and he still didn't like it :uh

:beer:beer

Guest vclimber
:whisper

That was a bit long winded there V, The only thing I would have to disagree with is on the 72" roll, just don't have customers with windows that big :beer:lol2:lol2:lol2

Over here in the trailer park :lol2 windows over 48" :lol2:hmmm

and on your last statement the 4000 :thumb I have it on my van and its not as reflective as 3000, but I did post a pic of it for Dev and he still didn't like it :uh

:lol2:lol2

:beer You're right I should cut it down a little...

:hmmm There has got to be a 72" window somewhere in AZ? :uh:lol2

Dev might like the 40% dual-ply, it's 9% reflective. :uh

Guest haroldshouseoftint
:thumb There has got to be a 72" window somewhere in AZ? :hmmm:beer

Dev might like the 40% dual-ply, it's 9% reflective. :lol2

Oh theres lots of em I'm just too short to reach em :lol2:thumb

Ya he probably would like it :beer

So what we talked about a couple months back on the 72" times a tickin and I still haven't heard anything :beer geeee I wonder why :lol2

Guest vclimber
So what we talked about a couple months back on the 72" times a tickin and I still haven't heard anything :beer geeee I wonder why :thumb

So far I have not heard of any forthcoming releases. I wouldn't hold your breath... I'll PM you though if I hear something. :beer

Archived