I too, am considering a change of films

Guest SlammedNiss

Guest SlammedNiss
This is an interesting post. So you are wanting a less expensive film, do you expect it to be a better quality than what you had? Or are you looking for a film that will make you price competitive with your competition regardless of whether or not it is truely colorstable?

The reason I ask is that I can understand the dillema you are in but I'm not sure what the best long term solution is. Obviously your competition is waranty'ing something that they know will eventually fail sooner or later. I'm sure they are banking on the majority of thier customers either selling thier vehicles, losing thier paperwork, or just bringing it back in for an entirley new tint job before they attemp a warranty claim? Right?

Is this the strategy you are willing to commit too? I think there is more risk than just warranty repairs. I think a shop's reputation is put on the line when they slap a no fade warranty on film that will definitely fade. Let's put it this way... We remember the mfg's and the particualr films they produced with a promise of no fading that did actually fade? And we probably remember the surprised look on our rep's faces when we brought it too thier attention like they had never seen such a thing ever happen?

Does anyone here want to play that game? Is it worth it? :gasp

It's not that I expect it to be a better quality. I just feel that for the price I'm paying for the SG films, they should perform much better than they actually do. To me, a film that fades as fast as the PerformX line does, especially in KS, then it shouldn't be labled a high quality film.

Part of me is doing it because of the price difference, another part of me is doing it to try something different than the competition sells. Yeah, it's definately a gamble, but one I'm willing to try. For me to maximize my profits, I looked where we're spending the most money. Right now, I feel I'm spending way too much on the film, especially for the quality it is. If I choose to carry 3 of ST's films, I can hit 3 different price points, all well within the customer's budget, therefore, maximizing my ability to make the sale. Whereas ALL my competitors carry just a single type of film.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
It's not that I expect it to be a better quality. I just feel that for the price I'm paying for the SG films, they should perform much better than they actually do. To me, a film that fades as fast as the PerformX line does, especially in KS, then it shouldn't be labled a high quality film.

Part of me is doing it because of the price difference, another part of me is doing it to try something different than the competition sells. Yeah, it's definately a gamble, but one I'm willing to try. For me to maximize my profits, I looked where we're spending the most money. Right now, I feel I'm spending way too much on the film, especially for the quality it is. If I choose to carry 3 of ST's films, I can hit 3 different price points, all well within the customer's budget, therefore, maximizing my ability to make the sale. Whereas ALL my competitors carry just a single type of film.

Interesting... thanks for the reply. I agree quality is very important. Also selling several lines gives you the option to sell up instead of having a single offering.

well for a manu to say film will not fade sounds dumb to me cause the sun will even fade brick over time.

That brick wont fade if its yours. With the skull and outer head and hair protecting it

it should see no sunlight :dunno

Guest DAVETHETINTMAN

I switched from llumar to suntek 4 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did .. for both profits and workablity.. suktek although cheap compared to others is a high quality film. the the standard dyed film doesn't hold up to it 3 yr warranty but then again niether did llumar..

I have been using the carbon since it came available and their infinty line and the hp line and love all of it ..

give it a shot as you have nothing to lose and everything to gain :thumb

They haven't and will not fade. No dyes, pigments, and TiN is technically not a metal so it does not fade. Known fact in the coatings industry for many years... :eyebrows

VCLIMBER, I am sorry - here I will write my "NEVER FADE SPEACH" :nope

So.....

Silicone films also never fade :bdog But...only 2 m2 manufactured as far as I know.....Never fade - WHY do You need it? Why to spend time and money for creating something XTRA super for people who don't need it?

I know I asked that many times.

But I still have NO answer WHY.

Automotive window film must have warranty 2-3 years, maximum 5.

Flat glass - yes, ther must be long time warranty - may be 10-15 years.

But WHY people who gave such warranties don't understand they cut their own ballZ?

Of course it is possible to coat Titanium, or tungsteen or whatever.

But isn't it easy to dye film for this 2-3 years???? Of course I think I am only idiot have this mind, but I think so, till anybody will explain me WHY. Does anybody use perconal car for spacetrips and afraid oxidizing? Or what?

IMHO IMHO IMHO

P.S. And...never say never. :duck

Guest mega3p

I think changing films is a great idea, after you weigh all your options. If thats the next step ,good. Now I have used the Ex and the HP, STAY AWAY FROM THE EX, Purple in 3 years. Th :beer e HP is OK.

Archived