Silicon Seal NUBE

Guest cherasia

Guest cherasia

ROFLMAO - Yep, I'm the girl with the elephant-hide skin. I guess that explains my lack of a dating life. ;)

I'll take your advice and scrub the heck out of a piece of sample glass first.

Thanks again,

Shauna

I would make the "cut" along the edge with your olfa knife then scrape the goop off with a 1" razor blade, 45degree angle blade to window frame, and the non sharp blade edge with a finger or less under it to make it slightly plow the goop. Repeat the scrape if you find any residue on glass. Come back with a toothbrush to really get the particles out......

That is my way of dealing with silicon goop.

Guest VOLTRON

if it is wood frames then use yer olfa to make strait edges. And if the wood has been stained or treated, the chemicals in the scrub pad might damage the stain of the wood and discolor. Be careful if you are using a ps adhesive cause you can also remove the stain if the film hits the wood with no water it will peel off some stain.

Guest cherasia

Thanks guys!! :dunno Got most of the job done yesterday. 15 large french panes, spent BUKOO time prepping to square off the badly installed white silicone, toothbrush, cut down paintbrush, etc. The film looked great! :lol2 Used SunTek clear 2ml.

Shauna

Archived