Mastering 3M CS

Over the few past months, I have been working with all the new color stable non metal films from the big players...... Some have been out for a bit and some are fresh out... One soon to be released.. Many of us are doing the same thing for various reasons, mostly to offer our customers simply the best!...the reason..they are paying for it...............................One of the best looking films I have seen is 3M CS, it is also the most methodical shrink I've seen in years. Any input from [3M CS users] will be helpful. Pros & cons

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haroldshouseoftint

I don't use it, I've messed with it a little, felt a little too rubbery for my tastes but didn't have too much problem shrinking it, but didn't do any hard bk windows with it either :thumb

Guest haroldshouseoftint
why would a "top of the line quality" company would make a film that is "top of the line" make a film feel and work with so crappy? :lol2

:beer:thumb I was trying to be nice about it :lol2:nope

I switched from suntek to MMM about 2 months ago. Like anything after about 1 week of getting use to the change I love it. You neeed to pay attention to how the film shrinks, once you see the difference it is very user friendly. :beer I use two heat guns.Let the film shrink up about 4-6" before I take my glove hand and flatten out the film. With suntek,sungard, or johnson I would always have to heat up the inside once it was finalized. Never have to with MMM. Sungard- would ghost after about 1 year. Johnson- would blurr on back window in about 2-3 years. Hopefully no problems with MMM since huge price difference. :lol2:thumb

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I switched from suntek to MMM about 2 months ago. Like anything after about 1 week of getting use to the change I love it. You neeed to pay attention to how the film shrinks, once you see the difference it is very user friendly. :nope I use two heat guns.Let the film shrink up about 4-6" before I take my glove hand and flatten out the film. With suntek,sungard, or johnson I would always have to heat up the inside once it was finalized. Never have to with MMM. Sungard- would ghost after about 1 year. Johnson- would blurr on back window in about 2-3 years. Hopefully no problems with MMM since huge price difference. :thumb:lol2

Hopefully not out in Ill., out here in AZ massive issues with it, just like sungard and johnsons :lol2

Good Luck :beer

not to mention when you hang it up on your peeler board, its rolls towards you like llumars film, dont get me wrong, I agree with lorenzo the color is awesome I love it, and installed is greater. but to work with is just not my preference :thumb especially for a normally higher priced film it just gives me the "I dont know mang" when handling such a thin film. :beer

Hopefully not out in Ill., out here in AZ massive issues with it, just like sungard and johnsons :lol

Good Luck :thumb

:beer:lol big issues in TX also -not as bad as panther yet but issues

Archived