Mastering 3M CS

Well I know one thing for sure . there banners far outlast ther'e film :beer:lol:lol

Thats cause those banners arent made with 3M material

Can you beleive those banners were made in 1992 by a sign shop in Arlington.

If they were 3M the would have been useless by 1993.

I really have to lay part of the blame on the TX climate though. I loved and used that film for years, but when I started having CS come back after a year I just couldnt take another panther fiasco. :thumb

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jason11286

the shrink will take a couple back glass's to get used to. its almost like shrinking a dyed film, but a little different. I think its because its a softer material :lol2 but I dont know. as for longevity, I havent been using it long enough to tell. I guess summers around here in the valley (buttcrack) of colorado will tell the story in a couople years :eyebrows so far no problems though. who are you guys usin for 3M dealers? just curious

Guest darkdan

Depending on what state you're in you're FORCED to use a certain one.

I haven't been happy with the switch from Interwest to EPD. There is a list as long as my arm of things that make me unhappy about it.

CS is the bane of my existence. I just can't seem to shrink it. Although, I finally bit the bullet and bought another roll of it and I'm going to force myself to learn how to use it.

I think I'll give the lift and pull method a go.

so you just want it to be good right now? Your not worried about the longevity of the film ?

Wierd :lol2

need to make a new smilie holding a sign (The :eyebrows will turn purple bubble up and fall off )

As I was saying shrinking, optical clarity and most importantly longevity, point well taken. I will be following up on this turn purple point in 3 years min. Maybe I will have to keep 3M as a standard offering film. good input :lol2

Hey tintman 237 does any film hold up in AZ heat? :eyebrows Illinois doesnt have the heat issues like that. Hey tint in da bay area the reverse roll does give a little challange at first, but I dont use a peeler board. I do everything on the car. Whats up with the Panther stuff, never heard of? :lol2:lol2

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Madico Charcool, Onyx, and MAC, Huper Optik ceramic and Drei series films all last great out here, as far as sun guard, soloar guard, johnsons, MMM, LLumar no chance in hell ANY of them last more than 2 1/2 years on a lifetime film JME with those films, Suntek have not used it so I can't say :eyebrows

Guest ALLABOUTTINT

Ive been using the cs lineout ca and I havent had one complaint about it I even get compliments from my dealers saying how much better the film looks compared to others. A lot of people say oh I dont like the way it shrinks but once you get the hang of it its the easiest film in the world to shrink. I love the clarity on it and I think its the best film out there but thats my opinion. :thumb

Madico Charcool, Onyx, and MAC, Huper Optik ceramic and Drei series films all last great out here, as far as sun guard, soloar guard, johnsons, MMM, LLumar no chance in hell ANY of them last more than 2 1/2 years on a lifetime film JME with those films, Suntek have not used it so I can't say :thumb

Those films you first pointed don't suprise me at all,... I never heard any one slam those films. :thumb...... I keep Charcool for certain apps. :lol2

Archived