Huper? or just strange?

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

I have no personal experience with Hupers auto films, but another tinter did this car with Huper. It was his 1st time using it. Its kinda hard to see, but the areas that got the most heat from shrinking have an "irridescent" or laser etched look, kinda like a CD. It's quite noticeable, even from a distance. :beer:lol Has anyone else out there seen this?

456C1FF200043E2600005D1222007623029.jpg

456C1FA800009DF900005AD522007623029.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, ONCE AGAIN, didn't have my camera with me. Any way, I bagged the rear glass for re-do, and everything came off, glue and all, EXCEPT for the areas affected by the distortion. The glue stayed in those areas :lol

456C205B0002DA43000063F522007623029.jpg

Go Figger!!! :lol:thumb

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

yes Huper will do that if there is too much heat put on the film. It will also "ghost" when installed on hot glass and the water is not pushed out fast enough. I see it sometimes when installing huper in the sun. The ghosting will go away but dont think the cd look will.

Guest Key West
yes Huper will do that if there is too much heat put on the film. It will also "ghost" when installed on hot glass and the water is not pushed out fast enough. I see it sometimes when installing huper in the sun. The ghosting will go away but dont think the cd look will.

Thanx for the input Vo, I wonder what causes it! It must be specific to the ceramics in Huper? :lol Like I said I've seen ghosting, but not in technicolor! :thumb:beer

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Thanx for the input Vo, I wonder what causes it! It must be specific to the ceramics in Huper? :lol Like I said I've seen ghosting, but not in technicolor! :beer:lol

I was gonna ask was that the ceramic or the drei series, but I guess you answered that 1 for me, ya like vo said, the ghosting will go away madico mac series is the same way :thumb

Guest vclimber

VO| is right, too much heat. There is a special way to shrink ceramic films so that they do not ghost. If you are a Huper Dealer, then contact your network distributor and they will hook you up with someone that can teach you how. It takes some practice to learn how to handle the film. From what I have seen and experienced, the ghosting does not go away.

Archived