Nube AGAIN! LOL

Guest cherasia

Guest cherasia

Ok, the tavern job decided it wants us to leave a two foot gap of no-film in the center of the windows for the neon lights. So, you'd have say... three feet of film, two feet of bare glass, and three feet of film. The glass is single pane, heat treated -- what would you do? I'm tempted to say no, or make them sign a liability waiver - but more leaning to no.

Thanks again,

Shauna

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
Thanks Climber,

The glass is in very good shape, but they want a double layer of SS20. Windows are appx 70x120

60 sq ft and 2 layers of film... nobody is gonna warranty that, you should make it clear. As far as breakage goes, I doubt you will have any trouble with heat stregthened glass. Tempered is even better. :thumb

Guest VOLTRON

just let them know that there will be no warranty on the glass or the film. With the glass being tempered you shouldnt have a problem but sh|t happens sometimes so cover yo a55.

Guest cherasia

Now they want the whole window done in 10 over 10 LOL - They figured out that the neon will show through well enough. Ever feel like you're herding cats? I explained no warranty, they're cool on that. I'm drawing up a warranty/liability waiver for them to sign.

Now they want the whole window done in 10 over 10 LOL - They figured out that the neon will show through well enough. Ever feel like you're herding cats? I explained no warranty, they're cool on that. I'm drawing up a warranty/liability waiver for them to sign.

Guest VOLTRON

Yea alot of customers have thier own idea of what they want and thats the only way they want it. And it can be done the way they want it but you just have to let them know the issues of warranty and glass breakage. If they are cool with the lack of warranty then go for it.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
We're going to have to do some splicing on this job. Any of you ever splice with PS film? If so, do you have any tips you can share?

Thanks. :lol2

Shauna

Hi Shauna,

easiest way would be to butt up your factory edges (depends on film) some factory edges suck but do all of your cutting before you peel the film then roll it and stick it, and it should line up fine :beer

Archived