Evolution vs Creation

the bible was writin by man therefore he put his own influences and oppinions in it. Yes it was said to be writin in the hand of god but come on if someone said they spoke to god now he is thought to be crazy. The bible is gender bias, do you think that if a women wrote it that women would be guilty of original sin? and that women should cater to thier man?

Also, there are 18 years of jesus's life not recorded, if he was supposed to be incapable of commiting a sin and supposedly never did then 18 years is a long time to have comitted a sin. There are just too many factors and contradictory things in the bible that dont make sense. And I know that some people are going to say that we were not ment to understand everything but then why would they write it so we couldnt understand unless they didnt want it to be fully understood for some reason or another.

are you saying some gay dude wrote the bible? :dunno:beer sorry guys, im just neutral on the whole bible thing, evolution, creation. I've got some questions that would make and I have some priests, pastors get fed up with me about "life" but I wont get into that :beer

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintman AZ
OK, fair statement. I suppose I see it, that if evolution can be proven to be false (in my mind I'm satisfied that's the case) then the only thing left is creation.

Supposing this to be true, one could search for the creator in a book claimed to be written by the creator, and we see a description of the creation of the universe, the earth, and life. Then we learn of the Noachian flood, whis IS supported by the physical evidence, one (meaning me) makes the logical conclusion that there is indeed a creator.

The key sentence here is CLAIMED TO BE WRITTEN BY THE CREATOR.

I remember back in highschool a friend of mine would start up some mind boggling thought, and the fact that we were all usually pretty hammered never helped.

His most famous one was........ "Think about this, God doesn't exist, you don't exist and neither does anyone else, there is nothing, no earth, no universe, no heaven, no hell. You don't see anything, you don't think or feel, not even the feeling of being in a dark cave, there is nothing, not a single thing, there has never been anything and never will be anything, so, what do you think that would be like?"

:dunno

Yeah, that conversation would last for HOURS, but in the end we all had to agree on a higher power based on just that alone and not bringing our faith into the subject, as we all knew that it would be impossible for there to be absolutely NOTHING.

:lol2 Good point TD. However, It will take faith to demostrate one's believe in the Bible.

Yet, the Bible's truth is not the question at hand!

It's teaching of creation or rather it's facts of creation. Vs the theory :dunno of evolution.

Facts Vs. theory. :lol2

Even the water cycle.

The circle of the earth.

Vegetation producing according to it's kind.

The heavens declare the glory of it maker.

we can't even scratch the surface as far a creations fact.

On the other hand evolution :lol2 no known or proven facts. All theory.

and what proven facts are there supporting creationism? if we can pick apart evolution then why can't we hold the THEORY of creationism to the same fire? "because it is written in the bible" seems to be the only defense for creationism.

life was longer in Noah's time because the sky was not "clear" like we know. Most of the water was in the sky as a great cloud. This kept the suns rays from destroying the life as fast.

I guess we are helping to bring back longer life as we block that same rays...

:lol2 Thats it I am going to start a new goofy sales pitch thred and quote this in it :lol2:lol2:dunno

My goal was not to convince you or anyone else to be a Christian, that's impossible, only God can do that.

My goal was to illustrate that "evolution" is provably wrong and to plant a few seeds that might lead some to seek for the truth. :dunno

My goal was not to convince you or anyone else to be a Christian, that's impossible, only God can do that.

My goal was to illustrate that "evolution" is provably wrong and to plant a few seeds that might lead some to seek for the truth. :dunno

MY :thumb I dont want to wast anymore time seeking the truth . I am convenced I just wont ever really know But if my ancestors could do this then im not sure why we ever evolved

post-18780-1165003510.jpg

Guest VOLTRON

My goal was to illustrate that "evolution" is provably wrong and to plant a few seeds that might lead some to seek for the truth. :linedrink

And who said that the bible was probably right? Religion is based on a belief structure, there is ZERO fact with the exception of some history and the general basis that you should be a good person. With evolution there is evidence of it. I have had christians tell me that dinasours lived at the same time man did, that is down right assinine. We would have never made it for we would have been on the bottom of the food chain and whatever caused the dinasours to go extict would have caused us to aswell.

I am not bashing anyones beliefs, if being religious makes you a better person im all for it but to think that it is the only thing that makes you a better person is just not right. I have had so many people tell me that I am going to hell cause I have never been saved, my understanding is that if you are a true christian you are not supposed to judge and if you do you are denouncing your religion and I will see you in hell. Also, that the only way to get to church is through the church, WRONG. I am not saying that anyone has done that to me here I am just stating things that have happened to me and have been said to me. All the so called christians I have meet are so backwards and hipocritical and not to mention racists bigots. Again I am not calling any of you these things, I am refering to people that I have dealt with.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

God does exist.- Next time you look into the eyes of someone that is special and close to you, like say, a son or daughter, wife or mother, look deep , deep into their eyes, and ask yourself, what else could be responsible for something as wonderful as life and love and the one in front of you?

Archived