Evolution vs Creation

Guest tintman AZ

Yes but just because we haven't discovered what is responsible for creating it, we shouldn't just say hmmmm, God, yea thats what it is. And as far as dinosaurs go, its a fact we don't even know what color they really are. They are just guessing, and they will be the first to admit it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And who said that the bible was probably right? Religion is based on a belief structure, there is ZERO fact with the exception of some history and the general basis that you should be a good person. With evolution there is evidence of it. I have had christians tell me that dinasours lived at the same time man did, that is down right assinine. We would have never made it for we would have been on the bottom of the food chain and whatever caused the dinasours to go extict would have caused us to aswell.

I am not bashing anyones beliefs, if being religious makes you a better person im all for it but to think that it is the only thing that makes you a better person is just not right. I have had so many people tell me that I am going to hell cause I have never been saved, my understanding is that if you are a true christian you are not supposed to judge and if you do you are denouncing your religion and I will see you in hell. Also, that the only way to get to church is through the church, WRONG. I am not saying that anyone has done that to me here I am just stating things that have happened to me and have been said to me. All the so called christians I have meet are so backwards and hipocritical and not to mention racists bigots. Again I am not calling any of you these things, I am refering to people that I have dealt with.

:dunno There is a lot I agree with here.

EVolution, natural selection is the most probable. Whenever someone religious cannot answer a question there response is "God works in mysterious ways", if you're a muslim you cannot even question. God should not be an excuse for ones own ignorance.

The God argument falls down quite easily, if God designed and created all these planets, life, Human thought, he sees all he knows what is going to happen, etc, etc, fill in the multitude of other things. You would have to agree that God is pretty complex - something we cannot imagine.

One question Who created God??

Would God also not ask who its creator was?

:linedrink

Guest Tintbds
and what proven facts are there supporting creationism? if we can pick apart evolution then why can't we hold the THEORY of creationism to the same fire? "because it is written in the bible" seems to be the only defense for creationism.

You are so late! Fire and fire over the centuries the bible has been in. Yet, it comes out shining like refined gold.

And what defense? No defense just plain old facts.

I like the hate the part of man will dominate man to injury. As much as I hate it, that doesn't change it from being fact.

You are so late! Fire and fire over the centuries the bible has been in. Yet, it comes out shining like refined gold.

And what defense? No defense just plain old facts.

I like the hate the part of man will dominate man to injury. As much as I hate it, that doesn't change it from being fact.

Your type of response is why so many people begin to hate Religion. Try thinking for yourself no one cares if you are religious or not but your insistence that the bible is fact is rubbish.

TD asked for an inteligent debate - if you study the bible you'll see it comes out far from a shining gold example. Just look at the Old testament - it depcits a vengeful, petty, homphobic,racist, infanticidal god to name just a few of his traits - if you believe your "factual bible".

How do you reconcile where your "God" came from? You must have a view.

Or will you just trot out the same old "faith line."

The fact is your religion is largely down to your parents beliefs, hence Christians are a very small minority in say a muslim country like Turkey.

Guest VOLTRON
welp, I haven't posted in quite a while but I gotta on this thread and it's just for vo/tron.

you are right, a lot of Christians are judgmental and hypocritical; a lot are neither. in the past, I would have jumped all over you for your posts but, in the end, that really serves no purpose at all. it only makes me look like those you despise and drives you farther away from what's meant to be seen.

believe it or not, I think often about you and I find myself wondering why. I think it's the pure hatred you display when any topic of Christianity comes up. whatever has happened in your life to make you feel so badly, I have real compassion for that. it's a shame that anyone has to live with deep seeded hatred for anything because, over time, it will destroy you from the inside out.

don't worry, I am not going to start quoting scripture or anything like that but, straight up, please don't let your observations of the outward acts of a few professed Christians make you a profound opponent just for the sake of being on the other side. for every "bad" Christian there are a thousand good ones.

peace out bro and I hope you enjoy the holidays...

john

I dont hate christians, I dont really hate anyone. I dont look at people and say " o hes christian I hate him" or any other religion for that matter. I look at all relgions teach a basic principle of being good to one another and I believe that is how it should be. But there is so much ridicule over who is what and if they dont believe in what I believe they will go to hell. I dont think all christians are bad I have met some that are really nice good people from what I can tell. And I realize noone is perfect but even the nice ones still have some tendencies to do things that go against thier religion and some that are taught in thier religion. For example the gay issue, they are people just like me or any of you and what right do I have to say they cant get married, why should it matter to me if they want to get married and have a gay little family. Its not my cup of tea but im not them. But yet they are hated and considered sinners for who and what they are. What does it matter to anyone else if they want to get married. All these priest's and ministers that preach the word of god and then come to find out they are child molesters, whats all that about?

Like I said I dont hate christians by any means, I dislike people who judge me on what I believe and tell me im going to hell cause I dont think what they do.

One othere question that has never been answered is why is 18 years of jesus's life not recorded in the bible?

Your type of response is why so many people begin to hate Religion. Try thinking for yourself no one cares if you are religious or not but your insistence that the bible is fact is rubbish.

TD asked for an inteligent debate - if you study the bible you'll see it comes out far from a shining gold example. Just look at the Old testament - it depcits a vengeful, petty, homphobic,racist, infanticidal god to name just a few of his traits - if you believe your "factual bible".

How do you reconcile where your "God" came from? You must have a view.

Or will you just trot out the same old "faith line."

The fact is your religion is largely down to your parents beliefs, hence Christians are a very small minority in say a muslim country like Turkey.

would you like the Bible better if it said god created adam and steve? and they became fruity and couldnt fill the earth.

if evolution is the answer why arnt there any gay animals?

and when some animals are in a single s*x enviroment why do they change s*x?

where is your proof that evolution was the way it all started?

if you wonder where God came from, think aboout this if God created everything we see, that is the sun, moon, stars, everything, did time exist before we were created?

maybe God exists in a different way than us, and might I add that how arrogent of anyone to think that man has a full understanding of everything and has nothing left to learn.

would you like the Bible better if it said god created adam and steve? and they became fruity and couldnt fill the earth.

if evolution is the answer why arnt there any gay animals?

and when some animals are in a single s*x enviroment why do they change s*x?

where is your proof that evolution was the way it all started?

if you wonder where God came from, think aboout this if God created everything we see, that is the sun, moon, stars, everything, did time exist before we were created?

maybe God exists in a different way than us, and might I add that how arrogent of anyone to think that man has a full understanding of everything and has nothing left to learn.

Interesting that you chose to pick up on Homophobic - says a lot about you. Who said I don't like the bible? I was brought up a catholic - I think it's a side splitting read :gasp . Personally the petty, vengeful child killer gets me.

As for Gay Animals I suggest you google that or have a look at some local dogs in the park :beer.

"did time exsist before we were created" well we know what camp your in. What does it matter whether there was time or not? Time as we know it is a man made creation or simply put we invented clocks and calendars otherwise there is just light and darkness - kinda hints at evolution.

"arrogant???" who said man had a full understanding or will ever have? Personally I am always trying to learn. If there was a god surely he/it would look more favourably on people with an open,curious mind who try to live a good life - rather then following a book written by man which is so backward in many respects.

Personally I don't wonder where God came from - to me its like Santa claus or the tooth fairy - a nice tale but does not hold up to scrutiny. But I could be wrong hence my question to people who really believe.

Evidence of Evolution ?? there's too much for me to go into and I'm no expert - its all around us just take a look. Do you remember the old saying "if you don't use it you lose it." I suggest you do your own research: some good books " How the Mind works" by Steven Pinker, "A Brief history of Time" by Stephen Hawkin and the one I'm reading at the moment " The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkin.

For me the most probable is Evolution - as I still point out that a creator would have to be complex to have done all this and who created him/her/it. If you solve that one - then who created the creators creator - I know what your going to say - its creators all the way down :lol2 that its!! We've cracked it :lol2

boy, tinters become experts on everything when their business dries up, dont they?

those of you who find it so easy to be so blasphemous towards Jesus Christ will be extremely sorry in the end. don't dismiss the upbringing of your parents, don't take to heart what you see on tv, don't look at false prophets.....open your heart to the Truth and the Truth will find you. if you die this instant, where are you going? if you say nowhere, are you sure about that? heaven or hell, your two choices whether you like it or not.

if any of you are confused by this thread, salvation and gaining a personal relationship with God is very easy and I am providing this simple prayer for you:

?Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.?

God bless you,

~mm

well written and spoken MM

The only thing we add to our prayers daily at the Willie house -is

"continue to lead us to you and in your direction as we are ALL still works of progress in your eyes"

:gasp

Archived