Advantage of Pre Cuts Kits???

Guest kike6543

This sounds easy !

I'm going to give up tinting, I have some paint brushes and some cheap Wallymartinez paint, I'm going to start painting cars !

Extra charge if you dont want the brush marks, I'll use my house spray gun and paint it ! Another extra charge if you want me to mask off the windows first ! Only $99 for the first paint job listed !

For a small extra charge, I will black out your back window ! 4get window film, only 2 min for me to black it out !

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dan-mark

whatcha charging cowboy :dunno seriously tho, I'm wondering!? how much are the kits, how much will you charge and how many will you have to do a day to earn the same as a guy that does fx 1 car a day... bearing in mind most guys keep stencils anyway :dunno

Pre-Cut kits are nice....if by nice you mean having to buy another kit when you fvck the first one up :dunno or having to wait a week to get another pattern to replace the one you jacked up :dunno

Just like the BEST BUY guys found out.

I guess after starting tinting in the '80s, I have never tried or trusted a pre-cut kit, or kept or trusted a pattern or stencil. Back then, two exact same cars could have window dimensions more than 2" different, which only works with good old hand-cutting every piece.

At least in the '90s, I started to feel safe cutting both sides of the car at once, or double-cutting, but I still wouldn't trust someone else doing to pre-cut, or have the time, space, or organization to keep patterns (unless I got a contract to do X amount of a specific car I suppose).

Archived