carpet dyeing need Help please

Guest marcoff

Guest WASHBOY

Most of the time u are better off replacing the carpet, because to dye the carpet right you need to remove the seats and tape up everthing in the interior! U will spend more time doing this than just placing a new piece of carpet that will not cost that much!

Matching the dye can be very hard to do unless u have been doing it for a while....

Guest marcoff

Well I've seen I guy doing it and I was really impressed, he fixes leather,vinyl and dyes carpets (stains and spots)and he used the same paint with a little botlte for spraying for all, he matched the color almost to perfection.So I was wondering if someone knows what kind of paint he uses and how he is so good matching it ,thanks

Guest haroldshouseoftint

my best guess would be lots of practice, I know a few people who do leather/ upholstry repair and burns/spots in carpet, they use standard interior dye, I don't know where to get it, my best guess would be a auto/marine carpet and fabric wholesaler :hmmm

hope that helps you out :hmmm

Guest AutoAppearancesInc

Why not sub the work out. The customer is happy becuase like you are a professional detailer, you can direct them to a pro. carpet dyer. Their happy and you get money from the carpet dyer for just making a phone call....

Don't be a "Jack of all Trades and Master of none"..

Just my two cents

Guest gene3

Regarding dyeing boat carpet in place. Pretty messy and difficult and not real feasible

since you must deal with uv stability failure and it will most likely "crock" which means you'll

have the color on your feet, shoes, and any equipment it comes in contact with. Our company

manufaturers and distributes marine carpet and logo rugs. Person who suggested replacement

is right in that the product isn't really that expensive and you can do it yourself easily.

Guest streetsounds

We do alot of dealership and wholesale cars, that need dyed bad. I keep a pretty big inventory of it we use stuff from ARDEX it works pretty good, sometimes u have 2 do the whole carpet though cause it doesnt match. But its like a spray paint.

We do alot of dealership and wholesale cars, that need dyed bad. I keep a pretty big inventory of it we use stuff from ARDEX it works pretty good, sometimes u have 2 do the whole carpet though cause it doesnt match. But its like a spray paint.

Yeah Ardex has some spray's that work great! But the thing is that once it dries it becomes hard as a woody! You need to sit there and let it get dry to the touch then brush it into the carpet and that "can" become a mess. But still yes that can is THE! cheapest way to go for a quick fix.

I only use the cans when doing a dealer and all they care about is having the interior look good. If someone personally asks me I tell em to replace the carpet.

Archived