Suntek Carbon vs Johnsons Greystone?

Guest chip01

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CJ Shades
graystone looses some of its darkness after about 8 months, but at least you get a 100% satisfaction warranty from johnson, tony explained it as they will replace any film for any reason if the customer is not happy with it.

sounds good until you try to make a claim.

I had to make a claim before I even finished my first roll of Greystone. (3rd car) Customer complained of a haze that wouldn't go away. I kept telling him to give it time to dry and it will go away. He was a persistant lonely old man that had nothing better to do. Since then I've been skepticle about reordering it. I ended up removing it and refunding his money back. He didn't even want me to replace it with Madico CH. He said someone told him Madico is junk as well. I said wutever dude! Get to steppin! He wasn't happy with the the last guy that tinted his old car either. Go figure.

As far as getting Johnsons to repay me, it was a breeze. They will reimburse/credit your account up to $240. per car. It's been the only claim so far, but then again I have only been using them for 8 months now. I have a feeling I will become god friends with the warranty department though.

I had to make a claim before I even finished my first roll of Greystone. (3rd car) Customer complained of a haze that wouldn't go away. I kept telling him to give it time to dry and it will go away. He was a persistant lonely old man that had nothing better to do. Since then I've been skepticle about reordering it. I ended up removing it and refunding his money back. He didn't even want me to replace it with Madico CH. He said someone told him Madico is junk as well. I said wutever dude! Get to steppin! He wasn't happy with the the last guy that tinted his old car either. Go figure.

As far as getting Johnsons to repay me, it was a breeze. They will reimburse/credit your account up to $240. per car. It's been the only claim so far, but then again I have only been using them for 8 months now. I have a feeling I will become god friends with the warranty department though.

This problem with haze is common with many other brands, the S/r coating can bother some folk if it is too orange peelish, . If you sence a client is a picky mother **** inspect the film first. If I ran claims as many times as I should of, I WOULD HAVE FREE ROLLS FOR YEAR. I got no mind for warranty depts.TOO MUCH BS

Guest haroldshouseoftint
This problem with haze is common with many other brands, the S/r coating can bother some folk if it is too orange peelish, . If you sence a client is a picky mother **** inspect the film first. If I ran claims as many times as I should of, I WOULD HAVE FREE ROLLS FOR YEAR. I got no mind for warranty depts.TOO MUCH BS

:gasp:beer I totally agree 15 years and I have a total of 2 claims that I bothered with, only reason was flat glass breakage, didn't wanna buy glass but auto warranty forget about it just eat the film and move on IMO

:beer:gasp I totally agree 15 years and I have a total of 2 claims that I bothered with, only reason was flat glass breakage, didn't wanna buy glass but auto warranty forget about it just eat the film and move on IMO

Thats what I do also, not a big deal! :lol2

maybe thats why the auto manufactures offer the lifetime warranty. cause the installers are just willing to eat the film. I say no if the manu wants to offer it and Im suposed to carry it then let them pay for it.

maybe if everyone would turn in the claims life time would be a thing of the past, and more realistic warrantys could be offered.

devil any oppinion?

Guest haroldshouseoftint
maybe thats why the auto manufactures offer the lifetime warranty. cause the installers are just willing to eat the film. I say no if the manu wants to offer it and Im suposed to carry it then let them pay for it.

maybe if everyone would turn in the claims life time would be a thing of the past, and more realistic warrantys could be offered.

devil any oppinion?

Thats all good in theory, lifetime warranty is a joke I agree, but the reason I don't have auto claims is most people don't keep their car long enough for it to matter and if I have to redo a couple of windows a year and not have to deal with sending film in and paperwork and what not I'm all for it, less paper work = more jobs getting done = more $$ IMO

:gasp

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I've been using the suntek carbon for over a year now and I've had no problems with it. I use it mostly for just the rear glass. I don't think I ever used it for doors or quarters.

Archived