How dark is too dark? '02 Electron Blue Z06 Chrome OEM wheels

Guest rifeman

Guest rifeman

I'm getting ready to tint my Z06, but I really don't know what brand name to choose, how dark the tint should be, and how much I should expect to pay. So far I've looked at

1) Llumar's High Performance Charcoal Film ATR 30 CH SR HPR and ATR 35 CH SR HPR (I'm not sure what the letters mean, but I think the number means it allows 30 and 35 percent visible light in)

2) Formula 1's Ultimate Series 28 and 38.

I want the tint to afford me some privacy (like if someone looked in, they couldn't recognize my face) but I don't want it to be so dark that it becomes a hassle at night when backing up.

I'm in the military, so I'll be moving from state to state quite frequently. How will the tint laws in the various states effect my the warranty that I get with the tint work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because right now, I'm pretty lost.

Thanks,

Chad

Ther is a link somewhere to all the tint laws, Of course if you end up in Calif or NJ or Illinois then no film is allowed on the front 2 windows.

If it were me, I would go with the most restrictive on the rest of the windows, and bite the bullet to get the fronts stripped and redone to be in compliance with whatever state you might be transferred to.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Ther is a link somewhere to all the tint laws, Of course if you end up in Calif or NJ or Illinois then no film is allowed on the front 2 windows.

True, but I do alot of military out here in AZ and I always go by where the car is registered not what state they are in, you move from state to state, but you are not changing your registration every state you go to (at least the military people I deal with) they just keep their home state registration. so whatever the law is for the state your car is regis. in I would go with that state law IMO

Good luck, and THANK YOU Chad for your service to our country! :gasp

the llumar is a good choice, and the pic that mdog showed looks good on that car too, although you might want to go with 20% on the back instead of 5%.

I agree with 20% instead of 5% on the rear window.

Archived