What made you choose your film supplier?

Guest vclimber

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest streetsounds

that was the # that company gave me to call and they were the only ones I called I couldnt find any training back then I just wanted to lern to do a back glass in one piece

Guest VOLTRON

I went with those 2 because they are both about 5 miles away from my house. Solargard is the same distance too but I tried them and never could get rick I think his name was to call me back and the place was run very unproffesionally.

Guest tintman AZ

I use Johnson/ Automotive, Llumar / residential just because I liked their residential film better. Now back in the 90's there was a dist. down in Phx. and I loved their Cust. Serv. and the new dist. I have I don't care for as much. Thou their getting better. So yea I think CS has alot to do with it.

I use Johnson/ Automotive, Llumar / residential just because I liked their residential film better. Now back in the 90's there was a dist. down in Phx. and I loved their Cust. Serv. and the new dist. I have I don't care for as much. Thou their getting better. So yea I think CS has alot to do with it.

What about you vclimber? You've probably been at this longer than anyone else. What has kept you where you are and how have you been able to overcome the 'glitches' (ie. occassional quality issues - change in service reps - change in owners - increasing product prices, backorders, - to name a few - that anyone in the business for a few years has to have experienced. :gasp

I am pretty new to tint. Another tinter told me to go to my current supplier. They were reasonably priced, easy to work with, and immediately took care of a bad roll of film no questions asked. I have stuck with them.

I have (because I was curious) contacted a few other brands and purchased a few rolls of film to check them out. Some folks were more money, and some were less, but NONE were as easy to work with..... So with my original supplier and the experience of dealing with the competition I continue on. :gasp

I personally found there are a LOT of places that will say ' customer service' but few know how to apply it.

Sounds like Customer Service and reliability are big factors for you. So you don't mind paying a little more for this?

QUALITY #1 I would sooner purchase something for 10-25% MORE if I know it is the best I can get and it wont let me down. THATS WITH EVERYTHING IN LIFE. I detail cars far more in depth than needed and I wait and save to purchase granite counter tops over FORMICA just because its better in the long run and gives my house that much more value. IF YOU COULD HAVE MADE IT BETTER, THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU DO IT LIKE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. I'm not experienced enough to know if there is better than LULU but if it doesn't let me down and neither do the people there, I'm staying...

My first rep was a little ify, but I was new to film so didn't say anything, he is long gone, but the main people I now deal with are great and super friendly. I see no reason to even try another product unless for some reason LULU lets me down like I said.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I started out with the manufacurer I currently use, cust service was always good, then in mid/late 90's I switched because of a slight problem :lol and used every other manf. on the market and had issues w/ everyone of them, and now I am back where I started at and looking back, should have never left, but in a way I am glad I did because it opened my eyes to the rest of the industry and I learned alot about film and how and why it's made the way it is.

As far as cust. service everyone I have ever delt with has given excellent cust. service (must just be my charming personality) :gasp:lol:lol2

and to return the question to you as someone else has, why do you use the film you do V?

It has been a long time since I was shopping for a supplier, I have been using the same one for over 12 years but lately I have been considering other brands of film and here is why:

I hate getting film that has been cut with a dull blade and leaves the (hair) on what needs to be an unmolested factory edge.

I hate actually having to go through every box now to check it to make sure there are no hair on the edge

I hate regardless of this problem being corrected by my supplier to actually have to deal with the aggravation of getting it done

I hate getting my film shipment and find out after paying C.O.D. that I have been overcharged.

I hate after being overcharged having to go back over the last several months to make sure I havn't been overcharged on them as well

I hate to have to deal with taking time to call the supplier and explain that I have been overcharged and try to get them to credit my account properly

I hate to order the film after I have been overcharged, got my account credited, and then the new shipment is sent yet the credit amount was not applied to my order.

I work alone and I am the one who handles all the tinting, sales, customer service, management, accounting, recieving, janitorial services, cleaning, maintenance, marketing, and anything else that may be required to keep everything in sync. So anytime I have stop what I am doing and call my supplier for anything other than placing an order I get very aggrevated. So what do I want?

Good film I can depend on that is fairly easy to work with and will last at least as long as the other comparable brands. I expect to be able to place an oder in 5 minutes or less, to be charged the correct price, delivered on time and without any mistakes. Occasionaly I will expect technical advice on film, new tools or any pertinent information for my industry that my supplier my have information on. For the most part thats it, just plain and simple decent product, dependable service, and no mistakes

You might say I expect the same things from my supplier that my customers expect from me.

IMO, tint is tint, atleast when it comes to the major manufactures, there is one company that I will never go back to because of their lack of confidentiality. I have chosen the company I use now because of the rep. if you have a good rep they will help you out when you have problems. some companys will turn their backs on you for $10 in materials, others will help you over and above just to keep your business, and those are the ones that deserve the business.

Archived