What made you choose your film supplier?

Guest vclimber

:dunno Lot of reply's quality.... :thumb

What means

QUALITY???

To me, if performance and appearance are virtually identical from one brand vs. a similar film from another brand, then the difference in "quality",and the reason to buy one brand vs. another, is longevity of the film. Long term experience with specific products may allow you to assume that one brand or type of adhesive may be better than another. Without long term experience (or with "new" technologies) you have to count on the "quality" being built in by the mfr. Some mfrs. standards of quality may be higher than others.

Another point, does made in the USA film count for anybody anymore?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of companies are changing suppliers because of film quality issues.

We used the same brand for 7 years distributor is great, film quality for last year has been crap.

We need consistency, A good looking film, Best Quality and a reasonable price. Quality does not come cheap.

There are obvious issue with major film manufactuers at present.

There should be some tinters award for the best film, as voted for by us, that would keep the quality up.

:dunno

Guest Tom Cat

At first, I use suntek just because it was easy to teach myself to use, but I have been quite impressed by the mmm colorstable. I am mostly concerned about the film lasting like I say it will. I am still kind of sceptical about it, but it is waranteed through them so I think it will be ok... I also like the color and the look of the finished product.

Guest Tom Cat
Lots of companies are changing suppliers because of film quality issues.

We used the same brand for 7 years distributor is great, film quality for last year has been crap.

We need consistency, A good looking film, Best Quality and a reasonable price. Quality does not come cheap.

There are obvious issue with major film manufactuers at present.

There should be some tinters award for the best film, as voted for by us, that would keep the quality up.

:dunno

Good idea. I think it would help tinters get a better idea of how the different films are without having to spend a fortune on random films, dealing with waranty etc. :thumb

Guest vclimber
Ummmmm... all the questions shorty ask and whats with all the questions lately? What kind of film do you use, do you work for them and what size shoe do you wear? :dunno:thumb

:beer Looks like it's your turn shorty. You've got a few years under your belt, what made you choose the supplier(s) that you are now using?

Guest vclimber
Another point, does made in the USA film count for anybody anymore?

Made where? Sputtered in the USA, Laminated in the USA, Boxed in the USA, Headquartered in the USA sure but...From the petrolium that is taken from the ground to individual film components, I doubt any film can carry the claim that it s 100% produced in the USA. Those days are long gone...

Made where? Sputtered in the USA, Laminated in the USA, Boxed in the USA, Headquartered in the USA sure but...From the petrolium that is taken from the ground to individual film components, I doubt any film can carry the claim that it s 100% produced in the USA. Those days are long gone...

:dunno 100% USA all components - "You doubt it You Die"

No hairsplitter, I wasn't taking it back to where the petroleum was taken out of the ground.

Archived