What made you choose your film supplier?

Guest vclimber

:beer dood im just kidding, I had ya though, I could see it in yer first responce. :hmmm just kidding I have met her a few times and know a guy that used to work there.

nope I fell for Jusjentina, but not this one

the Im sorry meant Im sorry you were dating her

I still have a pm with your freinds name and I remembered the family thread

:lol2:beer:beer

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea yea, u thought for a minute o sh|t, it was also for pitchatint too. and with yer track record of being nieve, :beer

Pitcha is bluffing - he fell in love and she broke his heart when she said Hell NO :beer

Guest Diamond Tints

Think the reason that people shop around now is because the film companies will sell to anyone that wants to buy a roll of film :poop

So because of this it creates competition of idiots ruining the market.

Example I use to buy my film of Jnsons,then the guy that used to work for me went and started his own place and to p1ss me right of jnsons supplied him film!!!!!!!!!

To make it even worse they sold it to him cheaper than I was paying!!!! :evilgrin:beer

Other thing was when I phoned for help on flat glass stuff I never ever got help from them, still waiting for there phone call to this day, and when they found out I switched to another film they phoned me to find out why!!!!

I now use Sungard who are a top company to deal with and before anyone starts their film is fine for Scottish weather as we never ever get sun.

LLu is fuck1ng miles out with there prices as well in the uk they are practically double of all other film companies in the UK so that bombs them right out as well, or I would probably use them more often as I do buy SOME stuff from them.

Guest vclimber

That is definitely a problem. We had a competing brand set up so many delears around here, it was almost hilarious. Now there is only one of them left, the rest all gave up. :evilgrin

I usually ask reps what thier plan for the area is. I won't carry thier product if they already have a dealer in the area. I Always ask them if they told thier local dealer that they were going to approach me. You know, I have never had a "yes" to that question. :poop

Well V, I'll give you my take on this as concisely as I can. I've been at this for about 18 years (no big deal) and have used and visited the factories of 4 of the major players in the industry. (1) The only appreciable differences I have found in the top four is what the individual installer has gotten use to using over the years. (ie. if you have been eating McD's for 5 years - no problems - and I introduce you to choice Black Angus beef - you may still choose the McD's. That's what you've gotten use to and if it works, so be it. Nothing wrong with that. Of course, that can change if, as everybody expressed, your rep, customer service, quality issues, and, yep, even pricing start changing. Yes, all that has happened with the big guys as well. New ownership, changing reps, have all contributed to dealers looking elsewhere too. (I remember when Numero Uno had there infamous HPR failure some years back. Put several of my colleagues almost out-of-business. There still numero uno today but some guys still won't touch em'. I also remember when Numero 2or 3 (pretty close) also had a major quality failure. Same scenario. Now don't forget, we were paying top dollar for those monumental failures. So, people start looking around. Even now, some guys have been reporting failures with some top guys HP auto films that they have been paying top $. So we start looking around. I agree consistency over the long run is comforting in our business and does definitely account for some piece of mind. Yep, we'd even pay for that piece of mind in price increases each year. But don't forget, the major guys also have major marketing costs and expense accounts to pay off also. Those lavish SEMA shows and parties can set them back some. So, if I have not bored the crap out of you, guys and girls start looking around. Keep in mind, business in general, as many people have expressed, is not the best out there. So we start adding up the dollars and...you know the rest. Keeping it real. :lol

Guest vclimber

I know where you are coming from shorty. I lived through #'1, 2, & 3's technical glitch's and as luck served me I was selling a lot of film from each one during thier failures. One out of 3 would have been ok but 3 out of 3 left a sour taste in my mouth to say the least. Funny how the MFG's are still running 1, 2, & 3 after that fiasco but many dealers, if they are still in business, are not the same as they were before.

So my thought on it is this. If the big boys can screw up film in a big way, what are the odds of the cheap imports going bad? :lol

Archived