No need for trash bags

Guest tintman AZ

Guest tintman AZ

Everybody probably already does this but I haven't seen it on here yet. But when I do res. or comm. jobs I just wrap all my trash in the backing sheets, usually doing it room by room. Each time throwing the bundle I just did into the next batch. But each time after I've wrapped up a bundle I tie it with a piece of excess trim from the film. I find its a lot easier to haul around. Its kind of funny 'cause many times after cust. see me do it they say something like "Boy you really got that down to a science don't you". Now the only PITA is when you go do a small pane job and have no trash bags. So after doing that a couple of times I've packed 2 or 3 in my Truck just in case.

Guest Tom Cat

When I tinted at the dealerships, I use to do that. It helps when you are working in a small area and the GM bitches at you about keeping it spotless. I would end up with three or four bundles stacked up next to my tint boxes.

How cheap are you to not spend $7 on some trash bags?

I have to admit I fall into this line of thinking...I buy big black garbage bags (industrial size) that cost about 30 cents each.. 1 bag would fit the scraps of a $1000.00 tint job easily + might give a better impression on the job site to not look like you forgot a garbage bag :beer

Guest VOLTRON

my dad used to make me stand in the corner when I was introuble. Man that sh|t sucked. Would be standing there for 30 minutes with my nose 2 inches away from the corner and had to stand up strait the whole time.

Guest tintman AZ
How cheap are you to not spend $7 on some trash bags?

You didn't know! I'm real cheap!!!! But thats not the reason I do it. I do it because it compacts so much that say 100 sq. ft. job comes out to the size of maybe a oversized football. Just a bit easier than haulin' a trash bag around. Yea I know "How hard is it to haul a trash bag around". Say you've got a job with 4 panes, then a trash bag is a pain. Besides when I get back to the shop I can fire in to the dumpster from 50 yards with a purrrrrrfect spiral. (Yea I got a lot of B.S.)

Archived